[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backup Job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I've been offered multiple jobs and have my final interview for the one I really want this week. The problem is that, while I have a good feeling I'll get it, I'm not 100%, and I want a backup.

I have one in particular in mind for a backup, but they want an answer now. What is the best way to keep that option open without lagging it on a response?
>>
>>17275318
Go for the job interview and let the other job know that you're right now exploring your options and that you'd really like to still be considered for that position. Report for duty at the one that you really want to work at.
>>
What type of job is it? Just curious because I'm in the exact same boat.
>>
>>17275439
You don't tell them this at the interview. You tell them that when you get an offer you would like to know when they need an answer as you have another offer. This also helps you to negotiate a bump in salary sometimes.
>>
>>17275450
The one I've been offered is a data analysis position. The one I want is in finances.

>>17275486
That's precisely what I did, and the guy knows I had other interviews. He emailed me today to ask if I'm still interested.
>>
>>17275722
I'm # 17275439--just wanted to wish you good luck! I hope that you find the right job for you!
>>
>>17275818
>I'm # 17275439
Wanna know how I know you're new?
>>
>>17275818
Thank you, good anon. I'd tell you to enjoy your stay on 4chan, but I honestly recommend you get out while you still can; the rest of us are stuck here forever.
>>
>>17275846
HAHAHAHA! I appreciate that advice :) I've been on for awhile popping in on various boards and threads, and if you ever see actually helpful, encouraging things here that end with GL! that might be me...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.