[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've fallen for someone so hard that I can't have that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1177x1393) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1177x1393
I've fallen for someone so hard that I can't have that I'm even dreaming about them frequently now. This is fucking annoying and I just want it to stop.

How do I get myself over it? I can't get away from her. This isn't a oneitis thing, like I'm yearning for someone out of my league that I don't talk to, but someone whose situation precludes me from dating her. She's into me too, so it makes it even harder.
>>
>>17275027
It's all about focus. Talk to other women and keep yourself involved in other things. Remind yourself that she's just another person--with all that that entails--and that it's much better to move on to someone who is more available. GL!
>>
I was the same way.
Took me a solid 5 months of focusing on school, my friends, and working out to get to the point where I only think about her every other day or so.
Just keep working at it and eventually you'll get there. It's just going to really suck along the way.
>>
File: INFAT.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
INFAT.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
Pic related.
Works almost every time.
>>
>>17275234

We talk all of the time. We have a ton of shit in common. That's another part of the problem - whenever we hang out, it's just stupid fun. I spend the majority of my week with her.
>>
>>17275027
Nothing you can do besides wait it out
Time grinds even mountains to dust
>>
>>17275027
>someone whose situation precludes me from dating her
is this some fancy way of saying she has a boyfriend?
Anyway i've been through the same shit, only thing that helped was talking to other girls
>>
>>17276412

Yes, she has a boyfriend, but that isn't a dealbreaker. It's not good to get involved with someone who is seeing someone, but they can always more or less break up. It happens.

There are other factors, but at the end of the day, it can't happen.
>>
>>17275234
What happens if you do have shit in common?

Like, a lot?
>>
>>17275027
I'm in the same boat op. I wear a rubber band around my wrist and snap it when I'm thinking about him. Doesn't really work. I've tried limiting how much I see him but when i do it's like magic.
can't wait until I'm over him.
>>
>>17275027
Love hurts. Do something else or chase after someone else. I know that feel and feel it now.

>>17276772
If they'd break up with someone that easily they'd breakup with you that easily. No one is perfect, sometime we just ignore their flaws.
>>
>>17276952

I hate this fucking "I met them first so we should be together forever" thing.

If you meet the right person and are with the wrong one, there's nothing wrong with ending your relationship, as long as you don't see sating as some kind of value proposition where you're just trying to date by whatever someone's "worth."

Yeah, monkey branching is shitty, but if someone is genuinely going to make you happier long term from a physical and emotional standpoint, do it.
>>
>>17276971
No John, you are the retards. Monkey branching is specifically when a girl leaps from one guy to another without being single inbetween, that is she checks out of the relationship mentally without ending it so she'll still have a guy if her attempt to go after a new one fails. It's shit, and it definitely is a moral failing that no guy should put up with being stuck with. You're acting as though it's the same as ending a relationship and then taking the new shot afterward, which just isn't true.
>>
>>17275273
>We talk all of the time

Yet you're still not with her.

She's not into you that way, cuck.
>>
>>17277073

This is real life, you can't just always say "well I'm going to know this isn't working out so we're breaking up" and then meet the right person. If you meet the right person, and realize you're with the wrong one, well, thems the breaks.

Yes, women and men do the "what can I get that's better" thing, where it's completely fucking terrible, but if it's a realization that's well thought out, you shouldn't be stuck in a relationship.

>>17277082

I already said I know she's into me too, so quiet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.