[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hermit Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: fadsf.jpg (18 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
fadsf.jpg
18 KB, 282x179
So, I have a bit of an issue.

I was raised pretty shitty, and consider myself a late bloomer. I didn't have any sort of social skills until I was 18 years old, I never set foot inside of a High School, public or private, and never got to play sports, or even have friends over growing up.

I was always the awkward kid. Well, when I was 17 I finally started working, and made some friends, and they were always having parties, and friends over, and being social an I really got into it.

I was drinking, and they'd play video games, which I could always get on, because that's how I spent all my time growing up.

I loved it, I had a lot of fun, every day was almost like a party, and it went on for a good couple years before we started splitting off and going our own ways.

Well, anyway so here I am.. And, I've retracted heavily to how I used to be. Except it's all under my own control and ambition now.

I work my 40 hours a week, and then I come home and play video games. I have a girlfriend, and 66% of the time, I'd prefer to just have her silent in a corner or not even there so I could focus better on my alone time.

She always wants to spend time with me, increasingly so, and I never want to leave the house. How can I get back into that social spark I had when I was first introduced to the scene?

I'd like to party and have fun with my girlfriend, but the only time I'm stimulated enough to stay up past 10 PM is when I'm online with my friends playing video games.
>>
Wow. And some people can't even GET girlfriends. Yet, more than half the time, you pretend like you want yours to not even exist
>>
>>17275006
If I keep this rate up, I'll probably be single by next summer.

I just want to enjoy life again. My doc put me on antidepressants, but they haven't kicked in yet, it's only been a couple weeks, though.
>>
>>17274846
The entire first paragraph describes myself as well, except I'm 21 and still don't have friends despite effort. How is it you ever even fell in with these guys?
>>
>>17275435
The job forced me to have friends, because I saw these guys every day. And, instead of me walking 3 miles to go home after we closed up, instead they'd invite me to their place and we'd party down or whatever instead.

But, now I work alone, and when I get off work I have a demanding girlfriend that sucks all my time and leaves me with no drive to be social with anyone else.

Friendships feel like a chore, not only because I have to go outside, but also because I have to make sure it's okay with the girlfriend as well.
>>
>>17275481
your girlfriend sounds like the Mom type. And if she's that way, it sounds like you can't do things independently on your own. Which may sprout from your depression.
>>
>>17275526
It's more like, I'm the dad type, and in forced responsibility of a child girlfriend.
>>
>>17275526
Maybe a little.
But the fact that she frequently sits in the corner while he plays video games and never takes her out, or acts excited to see her makes her more hungry for attention, insecure, lonely and anxious.
They're both feeding the unhealthy relationship and both need to cooperate
>>
>>17275535
She doesn't sit in the corner silently.

I wish she sat in the corner silently. We do go out, usually we'll have a "date" once a month, and we eat out sporadically, all while still living life. From grocery shopping to running to the gas station, we still talk and enjoy each other.

But, I'd just prefer not to do any of that stuff.
>>
>>17275547
sorry kinda rushed that last message out.

>I'd just prefer not to do any of that stuff
By that, I really mean I like it, and I'd like to do it, but she nags for it to happen all the time, instead of just letting it happen when it happens, which still would be about as often as it currently happens.

Our last date, I planned from start to finish, and we had a great time and I didn't even feel stressed or pressured about it, it's just all the time in between.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.