[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone owes me money and they are offering me a chunk now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-20-10-49-22--546902187.jpg (7 KB, 220x144) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-20-10-49-22--546902187.jpg
7 KB, 220x144
Someone owes me money and they are offering me a chunk now and the remaining amount in 2 years.

How do I go about getting a legal document written up? If this individual doesn't pay me I want it to be a easy process for me to take him to court and pay me.

I called a lawyer and he wants $1500 as a retainer. I have never done anything like this, I am not sure of the process.
>>
>>17274696
You mean a 1500 dollar pussy fee. Go beat out that motherfucker and take whats yours
>>
>>17274705
Okay, But what if my head is not in my ass???
>>
>>17274696
You could draw up your own contract, both sign it, and have that notarized--with or without the notary, if it's reasonable and both sign it, it's binding and will stand in court. GL!
>>
If you don't write a contract, don't expect to get it back.

In some places verbal agreements are considered legally binding or someshit, I obviously don't know the details.
>>
Technically, whatever you write up won't be a contract, because you haven't provided any consideration in return for his undertaking to pay you back. The money you lent isn't considered consideration, because you've already paid it back. That doesn't mean you can't have a legally binding document, it just won't be a contract.

>>17275630
Verbal agreements are messy and not advised, in the case OP needs to enforce it, it becomes a matter of OP's word vs theirs.

OP, go and see if any lawyers have free legal advice in your area. Otherwise, you can write something up yourself, just write down all the terms, including what happens if circumstances change and he can't pay you back, and get him to sign it. You sign it too, give him a copy, and you keep one too.

And don't be stupid and lend money you can't afford to lose in the future, at least not without having them agree to a payment agreement beforehand.
>>
>>17275630
all contracts that aren't implicit are basically verbal contracts. This includes written documents. What you're talking about is an oral contract(as opposed to one on paper).

But yeah, draw up your own contract. It's like "X agrees to pay Y dollars now and Z dollars a time period until the debt of "this many" dollars is paid in full"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.