[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
she's 6/7 years older than me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: asd.jpg (184 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
184 KB, 1000x1000
>i'm a 1st year med student assigned with shadowing a doctor
>said doctor has a female intern
>she's pretty + has a great smile
>she's also 6/7 years older than me
>i'll only be there till friday

Should i try something? If so, how? Or just let it go?
Pic unrelated
>>
yea try something

you will always regret it if you don't. but the feelings will pass and another will come anyway if you don't.
>>
I feel like trying, even though i know a positive outcome is unlikely (i'm probably looking at 2/3 awkward days, but i'd rather have that than the regret of not trying). The thing is... How do i even do it? Randomly, i get some minutes alone with her. Normally, i just ask some questions about pacients or something like that. Like... Coffee?
>>
Bump. Any anons can give me suggestions on what to do? Is coffee too date-ish? I suck at this
>>
File: poknareff.jpg (23 KB, 194x192) Image search: [Google]
poknareff.jpg
23 KB, 194x192
this isn't a question for a place like this sorry man.
>>
Was in a similar position once. Met a teacher who was 4 years older than me and temporarily working at my university.

I just messaged her saying I'd be in town on Saturday and we should catch lunch. She said yes, we arranged a second date and became serious at the end of the second. There's nothing to lose, no point being intimidated.
>>
>>17275573
why not? this is literally the place to ask for advice.
>>
>>17275577
You straight up just texted her? Damn, i admire that, but i don't have her number + asking for it sounds awkward and awful w/out an excuse.
>>
>>17274559
Sure, you can try. I got my teacher who is 7 years older than me to be in love with me a few years back, we dated for a while. I have recently got back to her.

But we became really close before it happened. You don't have the time. Remember that she can be accepting someone like you, but she has baggage and she might even be with someone. So don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>17274559
Also, if you're shadowing her until Friday, this is the perfect excuse to invite her to something Friday or during the weekend in order to thank her for everything ;) be very very nice and smile a lot, be interested in everything she had to say. Say a little bit about yourself that may interest her. See how it goes, read the signs.
>>
Your ideas sound awesome and i am indeed planning something for friday, but unfortunately it has to involve the doctor that i'm actually shadowing. She's his intern.
>>
>>17275876
So... Friday's lunch = not that comfortable lunch with her and the doctor. That still leaves me at square one... How do i approach her to do something after work? I'm playing it in my head and it just sounds awful and awkward... I'm soooo good at life... not...
>>
>>17275908
On your last day, thank the doctor when he/she is alone by bringing something cool like a Cabernet sauvignon. Thank her when she's alone by inviting her to dinner or something on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday).

Nothing complicated, just tell her it's your last day, than thank her by all of her help and then invite her. She'll understand it's not merely to thank her and she'll give an honest answer that will say she's interested or not. Just make sure you ask her when she's alone.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.