[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my grandfather once told me when I was very young that on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: sikhote-alin-meteorite-750.jpg (96 KB, 750x549) Image search: [Google]
sikhote-alin-meteorite-750.jpg
96 KB, 750x549
So my grandfather once told me when I was very young that on his farm a metior fell from the sky and landed on his land he located said metior and kept it the next day he told me a man came to his house offering close to 100,000 for it he refused the offer and kept it, now time has past my grandparents are getting older and the inevitable will come and all these years I've been thinking I want that damn space rock is this messed up? I've done my homework and it's Saud a pound of metior can go for up to 1 million dollars and I've held this thing before it has to be at least 50 pounds maybe 70 if what's said is true when the ink is dry on the will and we're free to take what we want could I be a millionaire with extreme wealth?
>>
They're not worth 1,000,000 per pound, but you probably could get a nice sum of money for it.
>>
>>17274257
I just feel wrong you know anticipating their passing just to get my hands on this rock, I'm not wishing their deaths or anything morbid like that but still I just feel wrong but how would you feel in my shoes?
>>
>>17274264
Yea, I've always felt that inheritance brings out some emotions we'd rather not feel. Fortunately I've never been in a will and never will be. But I've sometimes imagined having a rich relative leaving me a million upon passing or something. I wouldn't be too tore up about it. We're all greedy monkeys at the end of the day. At least you have the self-awareness to check your behavior, a lot of people get completely beside themselves in situations like these.
>>
>>17274274
this
you can't control your feelings, acknowledge them
you feel greed, it's okay, it doesn't mean you will kill your grandparents for it
In the end you are the one that decides
>>
>>17274253
Don't arrange your life around this meteor. You aren't "free to take what we want" from someone's estate just because they're dead. Your grandfather might plan on donating it to a science museum, or to have it sold and the money given to charity. He might also just be shitting you and it's just a chunk of rock.

When I was younger, I knew a number of kids who arranged their lives (or rather, failed to do anything with their lives) on the assumption that they would inherit wealth. Most of them turned themselves into shitty people. Some of them, their grandparents/parents excluded them from inheriting because of this.

So continue to build a life for yourself without the assumption that you're going to get something when your grandfather dies.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.