[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like it's all pointless because I have zero friends.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1463263007501.jpg (233 KB, 518x3465) Image search: [Google]
1463263007501.jpg
233 KB, 518x3465
I feel like it's all pointless because I have zero friends. I was addicted to video games so I drove my last friend away, now I gave up video games and just browse the internet alone. Even people with Down Syndrome have at least one friend. I am a worthless piece of shit. I just want to make ONE FRIEND but my self esteem is too low. I can't keep up a friendship because I am insecure , depressed, and boring and nobody wants that as a friend. What can I do?
>>
Just go out and meet a guy at a bar. Many of my friends I met on a night out, and now we're really close. Or get a job and hang out with a cool coworker
>>
>>17274230
I'd go to a bar, but I feel awkward for randomly starting a conversation with a stranger. I guess I don't want them to think I'm a weirdo? I went to a couple bars before and guys started talking to me, but I felt like they wanted something from me. Maybe I'm expecting them to feel the same.
>>
Add people on steam from groups to play shit and try to talk to some of them. Eventually you should find one that might want to hang out.

If you're a neet that is, if you got a job it should be simpler. Pretty sure a lot of people on MMORPGs like FF14 or WoW is pretty chatty, if not then just any game. You might want to lower your standards of friendship though.
>>
>>17274256
I was addicted to video games, I can't go back to STEAM.
>>
Well fuck man you leave me little choices then. Have you tried reconnecting with an old friend you left on good terms?

By the by you won't feel inmediatly good after having friends around. It goes deeper than that
>>
>>17274268
>Have you tried reconnecting with an old friend you left on good terms?
I've had a few but they were all losers and not genuine friends. This is part of the reason why I drove them away, I thought it would improve my life to remove toxic people, but now I feel much much worse.
>>
That generalization really does come off like you either didn't know them separatedly or you can't deal with social complexity. I ain't blaming or labeling but if you genuinely think meeting new people that will be absolutely different you might want to change your approach.
>>
>>17274282
What new approach?
>>
>>17274285
First I'd say you gotta be your own friend. I know it sounds like hippy bullshit but really, learn to be at peace with yourself, better yourself, take hobbies, go outside, be an interesting person and surely you'll drive some people to approach you first if you feel like taking the first step is too much.
>>
I was in the same situation.
Had a couple of friends, then came WoW and I stopped hanging out with them.

Then finally came the time and vidya became boring, got a job, started to talk to people there.

Just be yourself, I know people say it all the time but it's the truth, don't try to become friends by pretending to be someone else.
It's usually enough to find one good friend and the rest comes from there... his friends become your friends and so on.

I found my best friend by doing weed... then I coached him in lifting, then we started discussing politics/philosophy.
>>
>>17274359
Being myself is what got me here...
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.