[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Conflicted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1464455641810.jpg (110 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
1464455641810.jpg
110 KB, 552x364
Hi /adv/isors.

>so this girl, let's call her X, we've been buds for 6 years now
>I kinda liked her but I was young at the time so I didn't try anything funny, there were other girls at play
>years pass, it's a year ago from now
>by this time I'm falling hard for her, listening to romantic songs on my balcony, the works
>getting really riled up about outing myself to her
>decide it's been too long past my chance to come clean, hide my feelings
>3 months pass
>talk her best friend up (also friends for quite a while, although not as close as X), go out, have a friendly chat
>let's call her Y
>snap, delude myself into thinking that she's the best woman in the world
>crush hard, go out on a few occasions
>X and I talk about stuff so this comes up, she's genuinely surprised
>tell Y I like her a lot and I'm sorta obsessed with her
>chat with Y on skype, tells me we have a big past together and it's wierd
>blabla go out one more time, blabla tells me it's not that we had a past, it's that she straight up doesn't like me (I already picked up the hint, just tried a few tricks, was just me grasping at straws)
>really depressed at this point
>already going through tough shit
>my best friend trying to talk me into convincing myself that X is who I wanted in the first place, and Y was just a distraction
>I kinda thought so as well 6 months ago but I've tried to put my mind off of it
>not even sure if I want her any more

I definitely love her in the familiarity sense of the word.

I'm not sure if I should sacrifice that love to the shrine of awkwardness.

>also X and Y are estranged now because of reasons, Y feels betrayed by X and X is trying to make up, nothing to do with my person

Any help is more than welcome.

And, femanons, if you were X how would you react?
>>
Not a femanon. You said it yourself. You two have been buds for 6 years now. Not lovers, not dating, buds. There is no relationship, never was a relationship, never will be. Just because you failed at being "just a friend" doesn't mean the feeling is mutual all of a sudden.

And judging from your "I already picked up the hint, just tried a few tricks, was just me grasping at straws" comment, I'll preemptively tell you that no, you can't convince someone to fall for you.
>>
>>17274159
You missed the point.
>I already picked up the hint, just tried a few tricks, was just me grasping at straws
That was with Y, not X.
>never was a relationship
never claimed there was
>>
>>17274159
>>17274141
Oh, fuck, I just realised.
Made an oopsie with the wording.
>snap, delude myself into thinking Y is the best woman in the world

Better, that might clear things up.
>>
>>17274177
Nope. Generally if you get the hint that someone isn't into you, you don't try to convince them to date you anyway. If you tried that mindset with Y, I fear you'd try it with X

It sounded like you were hoping to get together with X. I doubt X cares about what Y does anymore.
>>
>>17274200
I don't want to "convince" X to go out with me, I just want to get it off my fucking chest already.
It's been way too long.
But I don't want to lose that friendship either.

On the other hand, maybe if we cut ties it'll be good for me.

She has no idea what's going on with me, I just want to tell her how I feel.

Obviously I hope we do get together, but I'm not going to try and force it.

It's just that I'm a weak fucking sister that should've never created a friendship with a girl I liked.
>>
File: 1461448547981.png (138 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
1461448547981.png
138 KB, 462x579
bumpu

please what do
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.