[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I keep in touch with him as language buddy? >Will travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
Should I keep in touch with him as language buddy?
>Will travel this year and will visit homeland of a guy I've been talking to two years on the web
>Thought about meeting irl
>Photo of him appears on a sport organization's FB page but that organization has no official website
>Have video skyped twice with him - he said his parents separated and he has to go to his mom's home to video skype as only her laptop has a workimg webcam
>Said his previous smartphone did not allow Skype to be installed
>He said he never uses Facebook but I asked for it anyway
>Only has a girl he met online added as friend
>Said he wants to bring his brother along to our meeting as he doesn't know the biggest city in his province to go there by himself, his brother knows more about the historical attractions and he told me how his brother showed him the way to the exam centre in that city on the first day of his exams
>However, he didn't tell his brother about our meeting until two months latwr as he assumed that his family would distrust me and would assume that we were dating
>I confronted him about this and he sent me photo and video of his national ID card to prove his identity - in his country they contain very sensitive information
>Irl friend thinks his ID photo looks kind of different from his Whatsapp photo
>Cancelled the meeting

Was I catfished? In the past, I thought being multilingual was awesome and I picked his language to start with as it was convenient for me to practice it. Should I keep in touch with him solely for language buddies purposes? Should I think about switching languages?
>>
Sounds like could be legit, but then again he could be a human trafficker. You might have dodged a life of suffering. Try Interpals for people to talk to. There's tons of people looking to talk.
>>
>>17273312
Oh you think he may be legit? So should I jeep in touch with him?
The last time I sent him a Whatsapp message was two days ago. He still hasn't read it.
>>
>>17273317
I mean, anything is possible. But the other side of the coin is pretty scary. Its hard to think he'd converse with you for such a long time and have criminal intent, but stranger things have happened. I'd say keep in touch, but if you do decide to meet, DO NOT allow him to isolate you or entice you into going somewhere out of the public eye.
>>
>>17273356
>other side of the coin is pretty scary
I agree
If I meet him even with my travel buddies, it will be us three girls vs one or more guys if things go wrong. Not a very pleasant situation.
My irl friend used to say this would be my only chance in life to meet him as I am from another continent, but you know, we can always meet again. Maybe in the future I can travel with a least one guy and I guess that is somewhat "safer"
>>
Sounds like a human trafficker to me, I would stay away from people like that unless you want to be raped and murdered. Showing ID on webcam like wtf? It's all fishy and weird, don't be a idiot.
>>
>>17273397
I am a girl. What makes you think he is into trafficking instead of other bad stuff?
>>
>>17273297
It seems fishy in general.
>>
>>17273297
Ugh, I wont meet him if I were you. The fact that he is using a clean Facebook bothers me.
>>
This same thread again. How many times will it be posted?
>>
>>17274081
I am asking a different question now
>>
>>17273733
Yeah I guess so?
>>17274023
Yeah me too. But he may not be lying that he rarely uses Facebook
>>
You are a idiot for even considering this. It has red flags all over you dumbest.
>>
>>17274319
The red flags started appearing after we talked about meeting irl
>>
>>17274349
Then cancel the meeting
>>
>>17274612
I did that already
>>
>>17273297
>didn't know the biggest city in his province to go there by himself.

He's uncultured swine.

Realistically, he could've used a gps or something. I wouldn't meet a guy who need to bring another guy. Unless you have a near foolproof way of defending yourself, I wouldn't meet that guy. Maybe he feels unsafe too, but that's a beta thing to do for a(n) (fit) athlete.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.