[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I came here to ask two questions. 1)Is /pol/ satirical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 225x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 225x160
Hello, I came here to ask two questions.
1)Is /pol/ satirical? Also, why does it influeces me so much, should I stay away from it?
2)Is there a way to suppress thoughts or at least reduce the amount of thinking while idle?
>>
Isn't pol filled with dindus now and completely ruined?

I left that tainted shithole along with the rest of the migration.
>>
It's like panning for gold on a hill of shit.
For every good fact there's a bunch of horseshit to put up with.
>>
>>17272906

sometimes pol is satirical. often times its not. many things that start satirical become not satirical because there are lots of people who are dumb. i know it sounds pretentious but trump has proven that there are people out there, a large large large group of people who are dumb and ignorant. now that isnt entirely bad they are not bad people for it, but it shows you that these concepts are not outdated, they are not even just dying. they are just facing competition.

if you feel taht you are influenced by pol id leave. i was influenced a bit by 4chan in general, we all are.

but if at the end of the day you can say 'a persons value is based on what they bring' then there isnt anything bad about what you believe, fact or not.

i do believe there are differences in the races. some are stronger than others. some are smarter than others. i dont believe that these differences magically balance out to amke us equal. im not educated enough to know with certainty what the rankings are. if i had to guess blacks are a bit inferior.

but at the end of the day there are many many many blacks who surpass me in many many many ways. being white did not make me who i am. even dumb white people can be respectable and 'educated' simply by putting in the effort and trying harder.

so i try to judge people based on how they act and what they bring to the table, regardless of race gender or orientation.

if someone wnats to live up to the negative stereotypes of being a nigger or a faggot, well tahts great, they can fuck off.

but despite my feelings about the gay community as a whole, theres a lot of ince gay guys. and black guys. and middle eastern guys.

etc.
>>
Thanks to you three n.1 is solved. Now it's time for question 2. I'll rewrite it better:"How do I stop obsessive thinking patterns?" I've thought on derailing the thought line since completely stopping it is impossible for what I know.
>>
/pol/ fried my brain. I literally see what I percieve to be societal decay every hour of my daily life.
It makes me depressed
>>
>>17272906
No, /pol/ is not satirical. Thinking that they are is the equivalent of "ARE YOU KIDDING ME", because it excuses you from putting any further critical thought into it.

As for how not to think so much, are you retarded? Does thinking put physical strain on you?
>>
>>17272977
I've got OCD. That's why I'm trying to control thought patterns, it's because I get stuck in loops.

Also I think the third anon has described what pol is spot-on.
>>
>>17272957
this times 1000. /pol/ turns you in to the equivalent of a leftwing nutjob sjw seeing discrimination and microaggressions everywhere

i agree with /pol/ on most things but you can't let yourself get sucked in to the extreme side of it.
>>
>>17273011
An enlightening comparison. Thank you!
>>
Bump.
The remaining question is how to interrupt or at least derail ocd thoughts.
>>
>>17272906
>1)Is /pol/ satirical?
Some probably is. Some probably isn't. The problem is that because of Poe's Law, it's very hard to tell which is which: any sufficiently insane viewpoint is indistinguishable from a parody of itself.

>Also, why does it influeces me so much, should I stay away from it?
If you have to ask this question, than you probl0ably should. /pol/ and Tumblr are both examples of pathos-driven politics, and it's easy to get swept up in the drama of such things, but their lack of connection with reality makes them dangerous. If you find yourself susceptible to that, for whatever reason, you need to stay away.

>2)Is there a way to suppress thoughts or at least reduce the amount of thinking
Not deliberately. In fact, trying not to think about them will actually make you think about them more.

What you CAN do is find other things to think about. Everyone has a backlog of things they throught would be neat to learn, but never got around to: it is time to take something off your list. You may need to do this several times, but as you continue to flood your brain with new information, these thoughts will eventually subside.
>>
>>17273090
Hot damn anon, thank you! I'm glad you took the time to answer me, that really helped me untie that last knot.
>>
>>17272906
try focusing on your breathing next time they come(breath manually)
>>
Instead of /pol/ you should read academics and be influenced by them instead.

Be sure and give authors of all opinions a try. Reading things that you disagree with will strengthen your convictions
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.