[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old is too old to start and compete in judo? I started it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: jk.png (22 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
jk.png
22 KB, 700x700
How old is too old to start and compete in judo?

I started it earlier this year and I love it. I find it amazing and want to try and be the best I can and I sort of see competitions as the pinnacle.
I train 5-6 times a week.

I'm currently 19, but am turning 20 next month and I wonder if I'll be able to catch up with those who started as kids.

I realize this is more of an /asp/ kind of question, but that board drowned not so long ago in all that WWE shitposting, daily judo threads are no longer a thing there.
>>
>>17272272

does it matter? unless you are saying that you want to do this professionally it really doesnt. plenty of people dont start martial arts until they are adults, and competitions are done based off of experience adn weight class (if im not mistaken they wont have someone with an early belt fight someone like a black belt) so it doesnt really matter.

would you quit if people said 'TOO LATE JUST STAHP FOR REASONS GAWDDD'
?
>>
>>17272288
Yes, it matters.
Of course I would not stop, but I'm wondering how far can I actually go, in order not to go full out on a fool's errand.
>>
>>17272360

you will likely never catch up to those who started as kids and are still in the business.

but since you take the opinions of random strangers
>YES ITS TOO LATE WHY ARE YOU EVEN BOTHERING YOU ARE GOING TO LOOK SILLY FIGHTING OTHER MEN OF YOUR SAME SKILL LEVEL AND AGE LOLOLOL WHAT A BAKA
>>
>>17272374
I take opinions of random strangers because I hope to get some input from others with more experience than me.
Thank you for yours.
>>
>>17272401

my experience has been that as long as you enjoy what you are doing and can play with people on your level and around your age, nothing else really matters. and martial arts has that. so stop worrying about never being the best of the fucking best, its a hobby nto a career.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.