[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What job only requires a bachelor's degree and is in high demand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: snek.jpg (136 KB, 861x1024) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
136 KB, 861x1024
What job only requires a bachelor's degree and is in high demand?
>>
>>17272239
In some states you can get a teaching certification with a BA. You make around 50k a year, can retire, health benefits, and summers off.

Military Officer. Can retire, benefits, and a lot of room for upward mobility.
>>
>>17272245
I hate kids and I've already served in the military on the enlisted side.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
>>
>>17272248
What is your BA/BS in?
>>
>>17272255
I don't have one yet.
>>
>>17272259
Do you have any idea what type of degree you want?
>>
>>17272239
>>17272248
>>17272259

So you left the military, if so why? I reckon the military would be a great job
>>
>>17272265
I'm interested in science and technology, and healthcare.

I was a medic in the army and considered just becoming an EMT, but the wages are shit and the work hours suck.

I've also considered nursing, but my GPA and ACT are far too low to be competitive enough to enter the program.
>>
>>17272271
Not OP but the military lifestyle is not a great one. You are around some very uneducated people who are constantly getting in to trouble. Once you are promoted to NCO you have to babysit them.

The hours are long and hard. Training with a combat load ruins your back and knees over time. Every year in the Army is like a dog year. Sometimes you have to be at work at 0400 and you leave at 0700 for no fucking reason at all. Officers try to out "Hooah" eachother by making their Joes to really gay training that cuts in to their time. There is only so much a normal person can take before they say fuck re-up.

Good college benefits though.
>>
>>17272271
The military sucks ass. It's nothing but bullshit 24/7, and 90% of soldiers you'll encounter are complete idiots and/or assholes who care about nothing other than themselves and their own promotion status.

Leadership is awful because anyone worth a damn gets out, and those who cannot function in the civilian world stay in and live welfare nanny lives.
>>
>>17272284
0400 to 1900* my fault.
>>
Cyber security. Just get your A+, Net+, and Sec+ and you don't even need the bachelor's to make 60-80k starting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.