[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get my local news website remove an article
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1465269496735.jpg (167 KB, 925x927) Image search: [Google]
1465269496735.jpg
167 KB, 925x927
I'm trying to get my local news website remove an article with my name in it. Can anyone give me advice? I typed up an email and haven't sent it yet. I'm going to send this to the guys in the IT department (I found contact info on the site). Any tips/advice greatly appreciated.

>Hello, my name is [redacted] and I was hoping you could help me. Last year I had a court case for drunk driving and it was documented in the [redacted] Police Log. I was wondering if there’s any possibility of removing my name from the search engine index or censoring it somehow. The case did not result in a conviction and after sending out numerous job applications and speaking to recruiters I have found that [redacted] ’s article is preventing potential employers from giving me a face-to-face interview. I am working in construction right now with entry level pay and unable to find a job in my field (biology) because of this article. If there is anything we can do to make this not searchable it would mean a lot to me. I am happy to pay a service charge for the assistance.
>>
Just do it. If they refuse I'm sure you can threaten to sue or something.
>>
>>17271583
Google "European court orders Google to forget people" It won't apply to you directly, but you can cite it as a precedent
>>
>>17271617
That was part of my inspiration, but yeah maybe its worth mentioning in the email
>>
>>17271583

Just appeal to them in this tone. Would also be a good idea to start filling up the web with things that have your name on it. That will potentially drown that article out of search result visibility.
>>
>>17271670
>Would also be a good idea to start filling up the web with things that

I thought about that and I'm working on it with a "It can't hurt to try" logic, but in honesty I think the effort won't matter. I would assume someone searching online for a background might try adding keywords like "arrest". I actually have some decent amount of online content from awards and speeches I've done, but I'm trying to get more stuff to hopefully "drown out" the newspaper link. I'll send this email tomorrow morning then and if the thread is still up, I'll post results. I'm not very optimistic about their response though. Totally expecting something about 'journalistic integrity'
>>
>>17271583
Send that but take out the part about paying. You don't bargain with all your chips on the table.
>>
tiem to move to london.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.