[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very quick to cut people out of my life if they disappoint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: teebs ardour.jpg (2 MB, 1394x1394) Image search: [Google]
teebs ardour.jpg
2 MB, 1394x1394
I'm very quick to cut people out of my life if they disappoint me or don't meet my often unrealistically high expectations. Is that a problem? It usually concerns women.

I don't have a shortage of women and I'm pretty ordinary in relationships outside of sex so that doesn't bother me, really. When it comes to friends though it can sometimes come back to bite me.

I sometimes wonder whether I have some deeper, underlying issues in terms of emotions.

Any tips on how to be less harsh with people around me? Or should I just embrace my inability to let people in?
>>
Do you see yourself as a natural leader? To be humble, patient and understanding are good virtues. You are doing something good in the world by accepting how people are different from you.
>>
>>17271382
I find i am the same way. I moved around a lot as a kid so without realizing it i just stopped letting friendship get deeper than acquaintances. Married with kids, but no friends right now.

I would say just try to be more empathetic. Women tend to wear their emotions on their sleeve so i find them easier to read. Guys not so much. I can say that guys don't like it when you change things up too much.
>>
>>17271382
You sound borderline bro
>>
>>17271394
I like to think I'm actually fairly empathetic, I just feel as though sometimes that people disrespect me in a way and I won't accept it, no matter how minor the indiscretion. Thanks for the tip though. Also moved around a lot my whole life and had a turbulent household, wonder whether that's contributed.

>>17271395
I've wondered that myself, seeing as I seem to tick every symptom box except for self-harm. But what I lack in hurting myself I make up for with substance abuse and general impulsive hedonistic behaviour. Might ask my GP or therapist about it, cheers. Always figured BPD was a sort of cop-out disorder that wasn't really real.
>>
No reason to be less harsh, If the fuck you over, they deserve to be dropped. There are enough decent people to chose from, so we shouldn't waste our time on worse kind.

I never forgive things I would never forgive myself, that's the rule. As long as I am on the right side, fuck them.

10000 kind people are less valuable than a one you can really count on. Stick to those. At least that's my rule.
>>
File: sad boys.jpg (144 KB, 947x925) Image search: [Google]
sad boys.jpg
144 KB, 947x925
>>17271431
I like your way of thinking. I guess I just sometimes wonder whether I drop people over things most people would learn to deal with. But that's totally subjective, so who knows.
>>
At a glance, it seems like you hold yourself to these unrealistic standards as well, but not really. When you fail yourself/others by these standards its no biggie cauase live and learn, but since you still think your living by these rules, you feel justified cutting others out for violating them.

Sounds like you have an ego and unrealistic expectations/veiw of your self and others.
>>
I don't associate with people who cheat, shoot up drugs, steal, have sadistic tendencies, etc. Those are usually the types to preach "Don't judge" and they're always acting like people who do are the ones on their high horse, it's the other way around. They think they're special and can get away with shit most people don't, and they don't like it when people treat them like they're not this fallen angel who people just misunderstand.
>>
>>17271392
I don't think he's looking for a horoscope reading.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.