[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today I volunteered to get some real world experience and get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: cccc.jpg (18 KB, 350x285) Image search: [Google]
cccc.jpg
18 KB, 350x285
Today I volunteered to get some real world experience and get a job.

I was receiving instructions from one of the leaders in the morning and I felt like my eyes were glazing over and I wasn't quite understanding.

It was like every time she told me something I forgot the last thing.

I think she noticed too because she was looking at me in a certain way that said "Are you listening?"

Will this stop with practice?

If I keep volunteering would my ability to take instructions and do a job improve?

I'm really nervous about this because I'm going into aged care soon and I want to be able to perform well.

Thanks
>>
>Will this stop with practice?

Yes

If she asks if you are listening, tell her you are trying to.
>>
>>17271161
Sounds to me like you haven't slept well the night before.
>>
>>17271161
Take notes. Write things down. Lots of people use writing as a way of drilling something into their heads.

Show the notes to the instructor. Ask "Did I miss anything? Did I get it all right?" You may think this will make you looks stupid - but you'll look a lot more stupid if you don't remember instructions and foul up.

And refer to the written instructions until you've fully learned them.
>>
>>17271161
Take notes when someone is talking about something important.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.