[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I fall in love with strangers? There's this girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
Why do I fall in love with strangers?

There's this girl at my workplace who I've fallen head over heels before. Well, not really, because we've haven't exchanged anything more than "Thank you" and "You're welcome." I don't even know her name.

I don't know why I keep thinking about this stranger. It's come to a point where I feel so depressed after work finishes. I feel like a child.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? How can I get over it?

First time posting here. Thanks.
>>
I've had this happen to me. Girl here so you know it's not just a man thing. Learn from me and just don't tell her. I opened up a huge can of worms by confessing to a young man that I had been admiring him for like half a year by now, and had feels for him. Just silently admire from afar

But he's so damn handsome. Just the other day I was in proximity to him and I thought, oh god he smells like old spice. He smells wonderful. Hnng. But I walked by and didn't cause any confrontations

How much do your schedules sync up together? How much do you naturally see her?
>>
>>17271088

>Has anyone experienced anything like this?

For sure.

>Why do I fall in love with strangers?

You don't. You become infatuated with them, because they are physically attractive, and because you don't know them, which makes it very easy to imagine them having exactly the sort of personality and behavior that you want in a partner. If you got to know them, you either would experience a loss as the person they actually were replaced your imagined version, or else you would continue to see them as the imagined version, going even so far as to dismiss things you observe about the person which contradict the dream version.

It can be fun to let an infatuation develop. It certainly can arouse intense feelings of attraction and longing. But in the end it's better to know a person as they really are, and to know them very well, and realize that you are still smitten. To me, that's the difference between being infatuated, and really falling for someone.

>How can I get over it?

By getting to know her. You'll have to make peace with the idea that your fantasy about who she is will die, as may your fantasies about a future together with her. But you'll actually know her as a person. It's worth it.
>>
File: 7.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
Thanks for the replies.

>>17271097
>How much do your schedules sync up together?

We work in a warehouse, work on the same days, but work in different departments. I'd see her a couple times a day, with each encounter being about 5 minutes. It's mostly just her passing by me, and going about her own business.

>>17271355
>By getting to know her

I wish I could, but I find it difficult to try to chat with a stranger. We only have a few short encounters everyday, so I don't really know what to say.
>>
Falling in love with someone you hardly know? You are a fucking retard if not a creep or psycho.

You may have a crush on someone at best in this case but If you think this is some big love then god I don't want to be in those girl's skin.

Maybe consult someone about this, jeez.
>>
>>17272052
Don't go through with it if you see each other so less, naturally. It will be very difficult going out of your way to see her. But you can still talk at lunch I guess
>>
>>17271355
Love is a chemical drug and a lie, isn't it?
>>
File: 1443981761750.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443981761750.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
>>17272082
ye I think I'm just using the wrong words. I don't really know the difference between love and infatuation. I'm only 18, and the girl who ever noticed me ended up fucking me over. Just a stupid crush, I guess
>>
>>17272400
Im 24, male and this kind of feeling has happened to me dozens of times. I really understand what you are feeling, anon, so do not feel alone in this.

My native language is not english, so I found very useful the distinction in words "love" and "infatuated". I think you are in the last one, which in any case means that your feels towards her are less intense.

I really cant tell you how to stop, because for example, to me, I love to develop stories in my mind. It also serves to me writing how I feel about her, Its so satisfying to return to those words from time to time, specially when I feel a little down. It also serves as a path through you can identify yourself. My advice would be: be careful in letting her know. In this state of infatuation we tend to tergiverse so much the "objective" reality in front of us. I wish the best to you, truly.
>>
>>17272125

I don't know where this idea came from that things which are caused by hormones or that are socially or mentally constructed are somehow fake or worthless.

It's so bizarre because hormones and synapses and 'chemicals' are just how your body works. Did you think there was a magic man in there pulling the strings?

Then for some reason they only apply this reasoning to some things in life. The fact that we've built enormous civilizations and complex social networks on the backs of chemicals and 'lies' is just ignored and taken for granted as being real.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.