[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My room-mate moved out and paid me with a Geforce 980. It worked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 253x199
My room-mate moved out and paid me with a Geforce 980. It worked great, however there was a storm a few days ago and my PC surged. The card's dead now. Apparently my room-mate is a dumbass and threw away the sticker/box so I can't RMA it. I'm thinking of buying one from Best Buy/Walmart/Amazon and swapping stickers returning the bad one.

Any input on this? Who has the most slack return policy? Can I get jailtime or anything?
>>
Wait two weeks. 980 prices will go down.
>>
>>17270598
this or wait those two weeks get the cause of the price drops a 1070/1080 GTX
>>
Not sure how walmart is with electronics but i return crap all the time and they dont even look at it.

I bought a desk for my wife and the picture looked like it was sturdy but it wasnt at all. I told them it was missing a part and incase they looked i tossed one away. They didnt bother looking.
>>
>>17270598
The card should have a sticker on it with the serial number
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.