[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with extreme insecurity? I recently started working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How do I deal with extreme insecurity? I recently started working out, but the lack of immediate results makes me feel like shit. I've also noticed that one of my problems is that I think too much, which usually leads to me throwing a pity party.

I have friends, and I'm pretty extroverted in general (in live interactions), but that's just a front. I can't even make a Snapchat because I'm afraid of having low points at the start.

Pls help /adv/
>>
What do you want out of life?
>>
>>17270489
Become succesful, keep my family's business going, and travel around the world at one point, a la Che Guevara. Although I kinda regret not going to film school, instead.

I also want to have a nice body.
>>
Is your face attractive? Has someone ever complimented you on your appearence?
>>
>>17270537
Not directly, but I've overheard some friends. Most of the compliments that I've received have been personality and achievements-related.

I don't personally consider my face attractive, though.
>>
>>17270486
If you post a picture of yourself I will tell you how you look, no sugar coat, no "4chan rage".

Thats what i'd want as im insecure aswell, but I wouldnt want an image of me floating around, which you probably wouldnt either.
>>
>>17270563
Yeah, I won't post a pic here for the reason you gave; however, my insecurity is certainly not looks-related. The problem is that I tend to isolate myself at times. Thing is, I still go out with them almost every weekend.

Like I said before, I'm pretty extroverted when I'm around others, but when I'm alone, all that confidence goes away.
>>
Try talking to yourself if you live alone. Or singing so you don't let your mind wander to negative things. Spend more time alone and cherish that time. Get to know yourself. Sounds like you don't do this much.
Smile to the mirror and love that smile. A smile can never be ugly!!!
>>
>>17270679
>Try talking to yourself

This made me chuckle a bit, but I'll definitely try it out. Thanks for the advice anon, it actually sounds pretty damn solid.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.