[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need advice on holding a conversation. >Girl and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1466189214206.jpg (45 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1466189214206.jpg
45 KB, 540x960
I need advice on holding a conversation.

>Girl and I have known each other for about 6 months
>We talk quite a bit in person and I know a decent amount about her life/past
>We don't really share many hobbies
>We both are really busy with school there's not a lot of interesting stuff going on with either of us
>We're not saying but I sense its becoming more and more of a possibility

It's hard holding a conversation. We're both leading pretty boring right now because we're working so much and going to school for long hours. We don't have really any mutual friends and we don't seem to share many topics of knowledge (I know a lot about building, crafting, science, and politics while she knows more about literature, pop culture, music, etc). What are some questions I could ask or whatever to spark a conversation?
>>
1. get them to talk about themselves
2. act interested
3. if you're not interested, ask them questions where you're interested to know the answer
???
profit
>>
>>17270280
But how do I get someone to talk about themselves? I have a difficult time with this.
>>
>>17270297
just ask them anything, it could be for their opinion on something you're interested in

or "how are you feeling right now" etc
>>
>>17270308
She doesn't tend to elaborate. Sometimes she does but its kind of rare. I think she's more shy than I am.
>>
Bumping, due to interest
>>
Literally my problem with the girl i like. I don't seem to have this problem with other girls.
>>
>>17270297
Start by talking about yourself. It will feel natural for the girl to talk about herself as well.
>>
>>17271560
this, opening up will probably make her feel more comfortable with talking to you
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.