[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting Ties
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I'm 23 years old and my parents won't accept me or support me in my choices. I'm not making illegal or bad choices. I have my own job, place to live, pay my own bills etc. I haven't lived with them in years. I feel like I'm coming to the point where I need to cut them out of my life. Has anyone else felt that way? how did you handle it? or how did you cut family out?
>>
>>17269941
What are the problematic choices they don't support
>>
>>17269941
just visit them once a year out of obligation, answer if they call, and that's that

i'm jealous that you can support yourself financially. just graduated college and don't have a job, still living with my parents whom i'm not close with. looking forward to the day when i can live alone
>>
>>17269947
my boyfriend. they have never even met him. ( I am a female just for those who think I am a male coming out to my parents. that's not the case)
>>
>>17269952
I haven't lived at home since I was 15. I have my associates degree. no debt at all. car and college fully paid off.
>>
>>17269955
are you asian and your boyfriend black
>>
>>17269964
no, we are both white. and age isn't a problem he's no more than 4 years older than me
>>
>>17269955
maybe you should try listening to your parents and forming your own opinion based on what they have to say, they've been alive much longer than you and therefor have much more experience
>>
>>17269968
have you ever asked what their problem is with him

is he respectable or does he lead a questionable life (drugs, gang, record)
>>
>>17269972
Not a questionable life. He was wrongly convicted of something. but I spoke to him and his parents about it. it happened like 7 years ago. they both told me they knew their son was innocent that he's never been any trouble and into anything like that. someone planted something and he got the consequences for it.
>>
>>17269970
I did listen to them. but I don't agree with them. my mother judges a book by the cover. she got pissed at a dress I bought before she even saw it on me she said it was immodest because it was a halter top dress.
>>
also his parents and him even offered to talk to my mom and she refused flat out.
>>
>>17269970
Please kindly fuck off. You have obviously been blessed with a caring family, but to someone who wasn't as lucky as you that's the most unthoughtful thing you can say.

>>17269941
Cut your ties. You can either ghost them or send them a letter of notice, or whatever you want. Don't feel a tinge of guilt. This is your own life, not theirs. Live it in a way that you would not regret. Staying with toxic parents is just going to twist your mind and emotions.
>>
>>17270467
caring, oh really? so when my brother raped me for 5 years and my parents said it was my fault too and helped him not get convicted okay. cool how caring .
>>
>>17270557
>>>/tumblr/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.