[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to resolve this workplace conflict..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 450x300
Work related issue anons. Sorry for the long read but it has me frustrated and I don't like feeling that way about work.

There's this fucking cunt who I work with and even though she works at a different site she still manages to piss off everyone who interacts with her.

She often makes mistakes and other people have to fix them in front of clients at the last minute. She's usually 'too busy' to get back to her clients and when they get through to me instead all they do is complain about her. Bad impression of the company because of her incompetence.

So I changed departments and got a new role. I monitor the existing process that has been in place for over a decade, and change it so it's more efficient, among other things. When I was getting trained by my predecessor I noticed he would sigh whenever her caller ID came up, and he wouldn't answer. So it's not just me who fucking hates her.

We had a meeting once when she and her manager flew to our site. I presented the new procedures I was working on and asked if they had any suggestions. She asked to change a couple of things so that my clients would come to me directly instead of wrongly thinking they can go to her.

I made the change and she is going against it doing things that are meant to be done by me and fucking them up. Again... clients are having bad experiences because of her and it reflects on my department. I asked her to follow procedure but now she completely keeps me out of the loop with things that involve my department and it ends up falling on my head at the last minute.

My department superior also hates her. She ignored a request from him recently and ended up creating a whole weeks worth of work to get pushed aside to deal with the issue she created.

I don't want to act like an immature unprofessional cunt by actively ignoring her to make things more difficult, as she is doing to me.

I just want her to go away.
What do?
>>
>>17268416
That was a funny rant op, alas you'll have to go higher up to make sure she doesn't fuck anything else up because if she screws up as consistently as you say then there must be some way to get rid of her through management
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 419x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 419x506
>>17268464
Yeah, it's a super delicate situation if I do that.
My direct superior doesn't seem to know how to handle confrontations very well.
And this woman has been with the company for well over a decade while I have for just a couple years.
In the past with other jobs I haven't been afraid to rock the boat and call people out because those jobs sucked. It never got me anywhere except hatred from upper management. This job however.. Apart from this bitch.. I really like it.
A small part of me wants to try to resolve things with her directly but I'm afraid she won't change her ways. Pretty sure she she's me as a threat even though I've changed departments.
What if I put a dead animal in her mailbox or something nasty like that to freak her out? Lol..
>>
>>17268416
pro tip.

Keep playing catcher for problem droppers. They blame the catcher not the dropper.
>>
>>17269625
Ughhh.. You're right.. At least I have made my superior aware of her actions... and there haven't been any total blow ups yet as I've managed to save the situations. But I can't keep doing it forever. I'll have to take my concerns upwards.. But very carefully.
>>
File: 1450413150330.jpg (75 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450413150330.jpg
75 KB, 400x400
>>17269625
Huh. Some surprisingly quality /adv/. I'll keep that in mind for my own career path.

Goes to show how woman in OP's story lasted a decade.
>>
>>17269687
Yeah it's a scary reality. Part of the reason I moved to another department was so I wouldn't have to be directly under her problems all the time. The shit is still splattering my way now though..
>>
>>17268416
my advice every time a client complains about her and you have to clean it up you cc the email to your boss.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.