[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
haven't talked to my dad since he dropped me off at a shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1385846199925.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1385846199925.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1080
haven't talked to my dad since he dropped me off at a shitty motel when i was 22 (i'm almost 25)

my brother and i moved in with him when my mom and former stepfather divorced in 2007. (i had just turned 16) and i lived with him until i was 20 years old before i moved out. i stayed with him for a few weeks when i was 22 (as mentioned above)

my question is, what should i do this father's day? should i try to contact him? what if he doesn't want to hear from me? when we lived together i was an angsty teen and his nature didn't mix well at all with me or my brother (he joined the military when he was 19, i was 17. about a year after we both moved in with him)

I'm not sure how to feel.
>>
If he's not reaching out to you, it's a good bet that he doesn't have much interest in hearing from you.
>>
File: liechtensteinmountains.jpg (1 MB, 2425x1467) Image search: [Google]
liechtensteinmountains.jpg
1 MB, 2425x1467
i forgot to mention that i did see him one time between 2013 and now, on this last year's thanksgiving at my nana's house (his mother)

he did tell me to add him on facebook again..
>>
>>17267520
part of me doesn't believe him, and that he only said that to me in front of family to save face. when i went outside to join him for a cigarette, (i brought a pack with me to smoke with him) i overheard him talking to himself and saying "goodbye" (he repeats himself a lot)
>>
>>17267481
Make the gesture.

Send a card. Write in your current address and phone number. Don't count on his contacting you, but give him the means to if he wants.
>>
Reach out to him. Don't burn that bridge until you're certain that he has no interest in you at all.
>>
>>17267550
Thank you, every note that I would write to him when we were having problems living together I would see in a rarely used waste can. he's been abusive to me verbally and sometimes physically

>>17267552

i can add him on social media (facebook) again, although i know how he gets when he starts drinking and going through pictures.
part of me is afraid that he will hurt me physically
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.