[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello! There's this one girl I know for like 3 years. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: sisters.png (140 KB, 550x473) Image search: [Google]
sisters.png
140 KB, 550x473
Hello!
There's this one girl I know for like 3 years. We have mutual friends and so on, we are good friends as well. However lately I started thinking about her too much.
Do you guys think it's worth trying?
Some facts. Last year I was dating her younger sister and she was rooting for us.
We were friends for 3 years but like 2 months ago we started hanging out a lot more (usually in small groups, never just two of us). We got really good connection, we always have a lot of fun together (like we were going near "dance place" at the seaside and elder people were having their party there, when we passed it she just grabbed my hand and took me to dance with her :) other people that were with us just stood and watched.
Next saturday Im taking her for a wedding party. Do you think I should try to do something or I should just forget about her and keep it friendly?
>>
do you think you should do something?
(i'm assuming you mean romantically)

or do you want to just keep it friendly?
>>
>>17267503
Well. I want to do something. But I am REALLY bad in these things. I can't usually see if girl is into me or not. That's why I'm uncertain if I should do it or not. If you need to ask something else to give proper advice feel free to ask :)
>>
>>17267519
what is it that you want to do?
>That's why I'm uncertain if I should do "it" or not

>>17267519
>>
>>17267528
Sorry. I obviosly mean it romantically.
>>
>>17267528
I want her to be my girlfriend.
>>
>>17267533

if you ask her at the wrong time you could risk doing damage to the friendship

disclaimer, personal experience only: i know a lot of people that have crushes on me, and when they let me know that they want me i push them away

i feel this way because i want a relationship to develop 'organically,' and outside of the "girlfriend" (or boyfriend) label

>>17267533
please post more if you want
>>
>>17267537
Well. I do not want this to be like "we're friends now, lets be couple!". I also want this to develop. But since I am really retarded in reading signs etc. And Im afraid that I might miss the moment. What signs should i be looking for? For example whenever between friends, when I give idea of any trip, even 1 day trips she is always like "yeah its an awesome idea! We MUST do it". Does this mean something? Maybe I should just casually invite her for a movie or Euro game? She lives 5 minutes walk from me.
>>
>>17267575
Sorry for split posts but Im at work atm so I have to keep it rather quick. At first I thoght that I just want to fuck her because of her sister. But a lot of time passed since and each time I see her and Im around her I like her more and more. And last 3 months (since we started hanging out more often, and now its a year since Im not dating her sis) made me sure that I will be really happy with her.
>>
>>17267575

even if you believe that you are bad at reading signs, (not to answer your question with this, however you could read a few books to expand your knowledge of understanding and coping with emotion) you certainly don't want to try and "force" anything.

especially when choosing a sexual and emotional partner, we all want to be certain that this person is who we want, and for reasons we judge and determine.

this is why i feel that jumping the gun and asking for a title can be damaging to your chances. spend some time with her, each of you having fun together while still being independent. this is what i believe a good relationship is about (besides trust, blah blah blah blah blah.)

>>17267575
>>
>>17267590
no worries on the split posts. if you use skype and want to text chat at another time feel free to add me: colliewallie23

>>17267590

ps: says there's 3 posters in the room, i thought it was just us posting??
>>
>>17267605
Well. Its probably because I switched from LTE to WiFi so my ip changed.
Sure. I'll add you on skype.
Well. I think that this wedding will tell me a lot on where I stand. Do you think it might be a good idea if for example Ill ask her on sunday to come over for a movie? Or it will be better to hide any signs of affection till after wedding?
>>
>>17267620
i don't think that hiding anything will help with any sort of communication. especially when she would be scouting you as a potential romance candidate.

also, if you've never hung out with her alone do you feel that a movie would be too personal?

why don't you invite her out somewhere, and be alone in public? like dinner and/or a movie?
>>
>>17267632
what i meant by a movie potentially being too personal is, the environment. especially since you've mentioned that you haven't hung out with her alone much (or maybe at all)
>>
>>17267643
Since we live close to each other and really close to biggest park in out city could I just say her "hey, im bored. wanna go for a walk and ice creams?". I could have an excuse becaue she helped me with buying a suit and I told her that I owe her a dinner for this.
>>
File: 1389827728764.jpg (917 KB, 3963x2511) Image search: [Google]
1389827728764.jpg
917 KB, 3963x2511
>>17267654
you could do that, and while you're on the walk you could ask her for dinner.

how well do you know her though? i personally wouldn't get involved with another person sexually and ESPECIALLY emotionally unless i knew them well enough to say, "at the end of the day i still want to constantly be around this person"

again, this is just coming from my own personal experience
>>17267654
>>
>>17267674
Yeah :) whenever Im aroun her im as happy as I can be!
Well if i get courage I might do it.
>>
>>17267701
do it anyways! you have nothing to lose and experience and possible an awesome girlfriend to gain

if she ends up not wanting to be your romantic partner, you can still be friends (obviously)

>>17267701
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.