[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i stop getting so infuriated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
I'm 18 years old, i'm a relatively happy person, my mid year exams have finished and i want to relax but my problem for a while has been i absolutely lose my cool playing video games if i 1. lose often, 2. opponent gets lucky, 3. die often. The games i play are mainly Hearthstone which is heavily rng based and overwatch, when ever some smug cunt kills me and types "lol" or something in chat it pisses me off (i still get pissed off if i die and they say nothing honestly) for some reason i can't help picture the other play as some douche whose out just to make my experience shit. Anyway, as a result of my anger issues i have hurt my hand like 3 times punching my monitor ect. I want to stop getting so angry, i want to be the person who plays games to relax and not get pissed off at them because ultimately they mean nothing but i cannot help myself. Why do i get so pissed off so easily? the fuck is wrong with me. please help any help would be appreciated
>>
besides im not sure how much more thrashing my monitor can take, i'm gonna stop gaming for a while because it literally puts me in such a foul mood. ps. I do have some pent up anger from other things because i don't really have a way to release my anger but i would get pissed off anyway.
>>
Get gf
>>
>>17267242
that's one of the problems im facing funnily enough
>>
You get pissed because you simply suck. Oh yea, and youre a poon.
>>
>>17267252
who's the real poon bud, me or the person who's browsing advice threads for people looking for helpful advice and instead insulting them, i may have anger issues but i sure am glad as hell i'm not you :)
hang yourself.
>>
>>17267258
And youre gay. Keep the rage alive.
>>
>>17267268
yeah not really, try another thread bud
>>
>>17267249
It's very obvious. That would solve a whole lot of issues in your OP.
>>
>>17267278
Ignore the namefag with the underfucked ass. He's spreading his bitterness all over this board in the last few weeks.
>>
>>17267279
I bet you're right, it's been quite difficult, i've been talking to a few girls and none of them are interested. Problem was in lower high school i was never really into relationships or anything, and i had quite a few girls that were into me but i'd brush them off because my mind was not in that place, but since last year, i've desperately wanted a girlfriend because i'm honestly quite lonely but i do not think it's the root of all my anger.

>>17267287
i thought it would be something like that, i can smell the inbred from here. He clearly is unhappy with himself and this is how he justifies his existence
>>
I'll be serious here for a change.

I have the same problem, in that I get easily angry at games if things don't go well, and I admit I have no idea how to not get angry in those circumstances. One thing I have realized, however, is that RAEGquitting is not dishonorable if the only aslternative is putting the integrity of my fists and property into danger. When I start being angry, I stop subjecting myself to whatever is making me angry. Also, competitive multiplayer games are the worst choice of game you can make if you're prone to raging. I used to play a lot of TF2 before Valve turned it to shit, but nowadays I play either singleplayer games (right now Enter the Gungeon) or co-op (Killing Floor 2 and Monster Hunter), where success hinges much more on my skill and less on the skill of my opponents.
>>
>>17267304
I did do that, the rage started from when i played League ages back, i quit last year because it's a disgusting horrible game. I then began playing single players like Skyrim and older single player games but then the group of friends i would play with would get annoyed because normally we'd all play the same game and i was off playing single players, so i came back to multiplayers and rage started up again and i hate it.
>>
>>17267309
Peer pressure is a bad thing. Who woulda thunk?
>>
>>17267317
haha, yup. I'm gonna take a long ass break from games and sort my shit out i think.
>>
>>17267322
Just out of curiosity, do your friends get mad at you for getting mad at the game?
>>
>>17267330
nope, they handle my shit and i love them for it, alot of them also get equally mad so i often miss how angry i get.
>>
>>17267333
In that case, you could try to get them to play coop games with you instead; it sounds like it would be beneficial to all of you.
>>
>>17267341
that's an idea, unfortunately, they're all hell bent on playing overwatch and league, i could convince them though.
>>
>>17267198
You will always be competitive and impulsive when you lose. When you get into your mid-twenties you will probably start to mellow out as your brain develops more, but it will always be there. Honestly, for super competitive people, the best thing to do is not play at all. It's hard to do that because you obviously love competition, but at the same time it is probably making you and everyone else around you miserable. Try getting a hobby where the success–failure rate is less instantaneous and less based on interpersonal competition. Or, better yet, put that competitive drive towards real-life in some way and increase your social status and financial position.
>>
>>17267470
Yeah, i hear you. I did get a hobby, i actually bought a Banjo not too long ago, i haven't learnt it intensely yet due to schooling ect, i want to learn to play it because music always calms me. Just gonna try and better myself.
>>
I know that feel man. When I've been playing a competitive game frequently (usually CS:GO), I become really shit and become very frustrated. I've found that by taking a break from the game for a couple of days, I feel much more calm, focused and best of all having a lot of fun when playing it again
>>
>>17267198

It might have nothing to do with the game itself, maybe your rage stems from somewhere else.

Today i was playing rocket league and it was not a good game, i was bad at calculating depths, lag was not helping, and in top of that, my keyboard malfunctioned at the very worst moment (Thats my fault for playing on a keyboard). So naturally i slammed the keyboard about 4 or 5 times, then realized that my rage was not for any of the aforementioned reasons.

I've been under some pressure lately, social and sexual life is shy from dead, and on a friday night I was doing nothing but playing some malfunctioning game.
>>
>>17267547
I'm a bit sexually frustrated i think, i'm a kissless 18 year old virgin, i have a girl i'm talking to right now but she honestly creeps me out, i know she wants sex from me but i've hear rumours and kink/fetish etc. I just want a girlfriend, my anger stems from being alone and bored i think.
>>
>>17267501
Yup, that's my plan, ill just stop for a while.
>>
>>17267198
Ancient vaudeville joke:

PATIENT (moving arm or something): Doctor, it hurts when I do this.
DOCTOR: So don't do that!

Modern version:

YOU: Playing games drives me crazy
DOCTOR:
>>
>>17267566
You're still young, i lost my virginity at 19.

I'd recommend joining a club or group activity according to your interests, form a close friends group, do not join any club with the sole intention of finding girls, having a girlfriend is not a cure for loneliness.
>>
>>17267609
>what is false equivalence?
>>
>>17267609
because human emotions aren't complex
>>
>>17267613
Thank you for the suggestion i will definitely look into it, that last part made me think, maybe getting a girl friend wont cure my loneliness but it sure would fucking help lol
>>
>>17267633

If you get into a relationship while feeling lonely, the girl will definitely pick that up, and you'll be left vulnerable for some serious shit.

She's going to realize that she's the only thing you have, and will use it to her advantage.

Play smart anon.
>>
>>17267664
i won't be lonely if i'm in a relationship
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.