[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Confused about future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Jotaro_1.gif (19 KB, 264x223) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro_1.gif
19 KB, 264x223
>Background: Got AA degree same time as high school
>Got Perfect GPA in both high school and Dual Enrollment
>Knew I wanted to go into the medical field, but not sure what specifically
> First semester of university begins, get recommended to take a lot of difficult classes all at once (Calculus, chem, anatomy, psycholgy etc)
> Bomb that semester End up with a D in Anatomy, C in Calculus, and had to drop chem
>End up with 1.98 GPA after my first semester
> This is was at absolute nightmare as I had taken all these courses in dual enrollment
>Only class that I did well in was psych, became interested and switched majors from pre-med to psych
>For the next 2 years, I got nothing, but A's in all my courses and was able to pull my GPA to 3.58 (cum laude)
>The semester before I graduated I applied to grad school in the mental health counseling program in my university.
>Ended up getting rejected (GPA was lower at the time (3.32)

So now I have 1 year before I can apply again.
What should I be doing to make myself more competitive?

Did I make the wrong decision in picking psych? Am I screwed to never have successful career because employers seeing psych as the easy path in college.

My dream is to become a mental health counselor/therapist. I volunteered in mental health hospitals, youth at risk high schools, and after-school programs for to gain more experience in this field.
I would like to get a job in field similar to my career plans. Can I do that with a psych degree?
Thanks so much and sorry for the long post.
>>
bump...
>>
one more bump...
>>
>>17266736
Fuck it. Go there in person and resubmit your app and show off your higher gpa.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.