[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just graduated HS, and some guy (the class prez actually) invited
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1457225407769.jpg (29 KB, 480x544) Image search: [Google]
1457225407769.jpg
29 KB, 480x544
I just graduated HS, and some guy (the class prez actually) invited me to his grad party via Facebook a month ago or so. I basically had no friends all HS and most of the people going were the "popular" kids. Should I even bother going? I doubt any of them would welcome me into their conversation groups or come to talk to me.
>>
>>17266131
Why would he invite you then?
>>
>>17266136
We spoke a lot in one of our classes, I guess you could say we were friends in a vague sense, but I never saw him outside the classroom.
>>
>>17266144
Ahh I see. Well I honestly think you shouldn't go, I know that it might be good to socialize but it might end bad (Nobody talks to you, your just bored and awkward there) Do you still have no friends?
>>
>>17266170
I see. Basically, I keep trying to get together with two buddies I knew since middle school but I'm always the one trying to plan and they never make any effort to get back to me. I basically gave up, I'm hoping college will work better.
>>
>>17266184
Mhmm that means that they don't have a lot of interest man, college could end up the same as high school though.
>>
>>17266184
College is great. I had basically no friends in high school and ended up with 5 or so really close friends and another 10 decent ones. I still stay in touch with most of them. College can be a great new beginning but you gotta force yourself to make friends if you aren't social.
>>
>>17266264
I'm not beta by any means, but I am an introvert. Does that mean I have to extrovert myself more than I have before?
>>
>>17266287
Yes you have too man.
>>17266264
How do you meet friends in college?
>>
>>17266287
so I did engineering. While a lot of us were introverts, we were extroverted amongst each other. So I went a little out of my comfort zone, but most of my friends I initially met via studying like saying to someone in a class: Hey guy/girl, would you like to work on assignment X later? I'm pretty sure most of my initial friends (and met more through them) were made via study groups. Cause "hey lets study" leads to "hey lets go grab some food" and you socialize and get your work done at the same time.
>>
>>17266297
That sounds pretty great mane, question for ya, how is math in college? I'm such a fucking idiot when it comes to Math, like extremely bad man. Can't even do basic geometry or algebra, how hard would college be for me?
>>
>>17266302
Then don't do a major that has any math. The tough part in most undergrad courses is that you have a lot of information to learn very fast. The whole "my teacher teaches me everything" is very false. Most of the learning is done via the homework and studying you do (probably spend one to five times out of class working compared to in class).

In grad school it's 95% independent learning and projects.
>>
>>17266302
I recommend you take one of those (best career for me) tests. If you don't find anything that you want to do in college or you struggle, find a new major or maybe even a trade school.

I struggled for the first month in adjustment to undergrad difficulty and again my second year. Even though I graduated with nearly a 3.9, I still had moments of struggling and doubts in my ability. This is completely normal and you can get through it.
>>
>>17266308
>>17266323
Do I have to take Math at all? Like you guys don't understand how terrible I am, like barely know my time tables bad.
>>
>>17266332
I'm sure there are some majors that have no classes or maybe only one. You may want to consider applying for your university's assisted learning program for math. I taught several students while in grad school that were able to do anything from take a test longer than others to go to a center and have people assist them somewhat with their exams. Just don't go to "Bigass University" because I didn't and it's easy to have access to professors and those tools.
>>
>>17266323
Tried taking a career test and shit I DONT FUCKING KNOW WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE. It's sad. Thought about being a pilot but I don't know.
>>
>>17266348
Do you any off the top of your head? And idk if any college that isn't public like Miami-Dade college would accept me.
>>
>>17266352
Being a pilot could be decent. It actually pays well and you have a lot of off time once you've done it for a while.

Don't worry if you don't know right now. Be proactive but don't worry. I know several people that got a shit degree and are 23 and feel that they are not only in a lot of debt but also have no clue still.
>>
>>17266356
well public universities can sometimes be harder to get into because some states have a rule depending on class rank that guarantees admission.

Majors without math can include (no promises, but I'd think these are possible) political science, history, english, language, teaching (if a non-math focus), some business.
>>
>>17266377
>>17266356
but it really depends on the university if you need math or not. Also something like nursing (lot's of ladies there too ;) ) and other social sciences
>>
>>17266367
Pays well yes, but have a lot of responsibility.
>>17266377
>>17266383
I live in Miami, FL. Lot's of ladies in nursing but I wouldn't like to do that haha, sounds like a shit career.
>>
>>17266392
Gotcha. There are plenty of majors that I've never even heard of. Ask for a list from wherever you're looking or talk with a guidance counselor at that school and see what the options are without math.
>>
>>17266397
Thanks my family
>>
>>17266416
Of course. Best of luck bro
>>
File: Steam Username.png (825 B, 93x27) Image search: [Google]
Steam Username.png
825 B, 93x27
>>17266466
I appreciate it bro :) You too.

Also what happen with OP, haven't heard from him.
>>
>>17266492
I dunno what happened to him.
>>
>>17266499
Yea he disappeared
>>
>>17266184
It won't, because you keep sitting around hoping 'things' will just 'happen' for you. If you go to college and behave like the same recluse you did in high school, you will have the same outcome.

Go to the party. Say hi to some people. Talk to your class president for a bit. If no one seems to want you around, then politely say goodbye to the host and leave. Worst case scenario is that you spend the evening alone, which is what you'd do if you didn't go at all.

Just watch it for a prank. If that got cheerleader who never said a word to you suddenly and you to meet her alone upstairs in fifteen minutes, don't go.
>>
File: Steam Username.png (144 KB, 686x216) Image search: [Google]
Steam Username.png
144 KB, 686x216
>>17266492
>>17266466
>>17266499
Wrong name apologize
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.