[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leaving the ghetto mindset
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160616_155224.jpg (1001 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_155224.jpg
1001 KB, 2592x1944
I need some advice. I grew up in a really bad area and after dealing with this place(been in more fights than I can count, I've been shot at, jumped, and grew up with tweaker parents, the whole nine yards) most of my life it's made me standoffish and uneasy, even paranoid, I can't seem to even enjoy anything anymore so I'm ready to leave, but I want to go somewhete nice without bringing this place with me? What are some things I can do to get in a new mindset when I leave? I can't live like this anymore.

Pic unrelated
>>
Always have a smile on your face and dress for success at whatever you want to be. Stay out of bars, clubs and GET AWAY from your old friends. They're not your friends. Theyre dumbass ghetto fuckin losers and if they dont accept your choice to stop being a nigger then fuck them. Its hard to do but its worth it. I was a meth addict fuckin hillbilly wigger punk until I was about 17. I quit hanging out with those people and now 4 years later I run into them at the store or whatever and they look like absolute shit. Fuckin all skinny and covered in sores and scabs and shit. Dont be a badass thug and leave that image behind. If you have tattoos on your neck or hands or whatever it will be hard to get work and be a part of society but if you feel like people judge you for your tattoos explain to them that everyone was a shithead at one point in time and you grew up. admitting that you fucked up and are trying to redeem yourself THAT will get you more respect than anything else in this world. Start a productive hobby, I like maintaining my property and fuckng around with tinkertoys. No joke, thebkids tinkertoys. But it keeps me out of trouble and it makes me feel good about myself and thats another one of thebonly thibgs that matter
>>
Hang around people you want to be like. Get a role model or two to look up to. The above poster has good advice as well.
>>
>>17265960

Hey anon. Here's a few exercises you can do to work this out for yourself;

What are the 5 most important things to you?

How can you keep those important things safe or obtain them, or maintain them?

What does a descent lifestyle that's non-ghetto look like to you?

Remove yourself from people in your life who threaten your 5 most important things, and move towards those who can help you get, protect or maintain them.

Keep reminding yourself each day what is important to you and how you can achieve it.

Enjoy
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.