[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i have a rich social life? i'm 25 and in my last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: good-day-3a.jpg (190 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
good-day-3a.jpg
190 KB, 1024x768
how do i have a rich social life?

i'm 25 and in my last year at uni. i've never had a girlfriend. i don't really have what i would call "friends" anymore (the ones i did have i've grown apart with due to geographical distance and the relations i have with people at uni are all superficial). i'm friendly with a lot of people but i rarely hang out with them. and if we hang out, it's rarely especially fun. i'm very "shy" in that i'm always afraid i might be too pushy or bothersome to others - so i always keep a distance from people i meet. it really takes time for me to feel comfortable enough around another person to suggest we'd do an activity.

i'm sick of spending all my life alone in my room. i really want to meet people but it always seems like everyone is so busy with their own life and already has a social circle. i don't want to be in a position where i'd bother others busy with their own lives.

i feel so stuck. what do i do?
>>
>>17265210
>i'm sick of spending all my life alone in my room.
get out of your room.

Do shit that seems dumb as fuck even if it seems boring. Just anything out of your room.

When i was in college i said fuck it and went to a beach party bbq thing done by the students. Really dumb shit and boring. flash to forward 2 girls i just met taking turns sucking my dick underwater for fun.

Anywhere is better than sitting in your room to improve your social life.
>>
>>17265229
i would never be able to go to a private party/gathering i'm not invited to. i can't be the person who is annoyingly trying to find new friends at a party. even if at the end of the evening he turns out to be a cool guy
>>
>>17265283
meh usually garbage excuses. Assume worst result, refuse execution.

Everything in life that helps you grow requires being uncomfortable.
>>
>>17265301
i tried that kind of stuff when i was in high school and got a serious depression out of it bc i thought the same "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". turns out it can't be applied to everything. it's already super exhausting for me to go to a party i'm invited to but i can do that. but just walking up to people and making myself vulnerable to them like that is out of question. that really sets my mental health at risk
>>
>>17265333
go out get uncomfortable and grow in not obvious ways.

or

die alone and miserable.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.