[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 116x121) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 116x121
Guys, I do not know if I am crazy or anything, but I moved away in the last months for College, but I think I am being monitored or something.
Everyday, when talking to my mother in the phone, she lets something weird slips. Last week, she knew I was sick before I told her or anything, then the other day she asked if I slept well in the only night in my life I had insomnia. Yesterday, when talking about some assholes that that live in the same place I live, she said: oh, they are annoying you and all, but they arnt bad folks, it is not like they are going around with whores and drinking. The last thing I searched in my internet, was one of those prostitute sites (but only for fapping curiosity) and I kinda drank a lot the day before. There was another day also when I just left the bath and told her I was going to the supermarket, and she said: put some clothes and come back soon. This creeped me out, how could she know that? Am I crazy or it makes some sense? She was always very possessive, and those things started after some work was done in my room (construction stuff.)
>>
She also only calls to my cell when I am in my room. It is very weird, she does not know my class hours or anything. I am really desperate. Tried to find cameras on the room, look it any VNC software was installed, but nothing, and I do not know how to check my Ipad or my phone.
>>
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not mentally ill. Stay with a friend/motel for a week, only answer her when no ones around and see if she picks up on it.
>>
OP, a lot of what you're describing sounds like you might have schizophrenia. That is far more likely than your mom being a secret agent spying on you and plotting your death. I would advise you to see a psychologist.
>>
>>17264881
That is the thing. I am actually in med school (no idea how I got here, you can see how dumb am I), so my first idea was that I developed P. disorder, but I have none of the physical symptoms. I did not get to learn any of psychiatry stuff, so it is not like I can diagnose this kind of stuff. I feared schizophrenia, but I am afraid to contact a doctor, because all in town are my teachers and I know for sure none of those assholes keep the oath and the medical confidentiality. Shit, I am really fucked up. And getting alphabetic too.
>>
>>17264919
Damn cellphone, I meant analphabetic.
>>
>>17264919

Psychiatrists are legally obligated to keep your information confidential. If they were to share anything about you they could lose their license to practice psychiatry. I guarantee you it will be fine.

If you're still worried about it, seek a psychiatrist in a neighboring city or state.

Either way, you need to get professional help ASAP
>>
This is what I heard called "patternicity" once

They might tell you you're schizophrenic, paranoid, but stressing about whether you're ill isn't gonna help

What you may be doing is noticing more coincidences, so many that it's beginning to seem connected. Your brain is making more connections than other people's do, this is because most people have a better filter

There are 2 types of errors in pattern recognition, recognizing a pattern when there isn't one, and not recognizing a pattern when there is. It is safer for us to recognize patterns when they aren't there. This is why it might seem like your mother knows things she shouldn't, when these are more likely coincidental and unconnected

In my opinion, this is a gift. Focus on relieving your anxiety, your paranoia. Stay calm. Your overactive pattern-recognition may lead instead to great insight into the complexity of life, rather than invented fear.
>>
>>17264876
I already leave in an hotel, she wanted me living in one because she would not let me live with friends or anywhere where she could not contact me anytime she wanted. The last time I arrived late, she called the police after the secretary told her I was not home. I think your method would not solve my doubts, haha. But thanks bro.
>>
>>17264929
OP may not be in the US, you don't know what the international laws may be.

If you are in the US, OP, do seek help if you feel you need it. Like this person said, go to another city to seek help if you are worried about confidentiality
>>
Chances are she's spying on you. I don't know why everyone thinks that's so hard to believe. Either, confront her about it and tell her she's taken things a couple steps too far. Or, if she's paying for the vast majority of your stuff, accept that you are being monitored and control yourself.
>>
>>17264929
You think I do not know that? The only course I got some tolerable grades was in Bioethics and Medical Law.
But I already seem one teacher openly showing the faces of his patients in classes. Also, there is a dude with 7 strikes against the CDE (Medical Ethics Code in my country) who is still happily practicing.
>>
>>17264946
I think it is the same everywhere, it is even in the Oath. The problem is that I have been seeing it being disrespected daily.
>>17264949
I think I will now.
>>
Btw, sorry for the horrendous grammar, I have never, ever, written anything in english in my life.
>>
>>17264949
Just talked to her, she called me an idiot and got angry af
>>
I put silvertape in the cameras of all my device cameras now.
>>
>>17264940
Wait what did she tell the secretary? Go ask the secretary if your mom knew you weren't home before she called. Also you should lie to her when talking on the phone, tell her you're at a bar when you are in your room or vice versa. This will not prove anything conclusively but might make her act weird or just admit that she knows you're lying or something
>>
>>17266067
Good catch, will try that.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.