[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: love.jpg (51 KB, 299x470) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
51 KB, 299x470
If I think about killing myself, and I am depressed, should I get help, or should I just wait and see what happens?
>>
>>17264626

Get help. You've pretty much hit the rock bottom, so no reason to keep waiting anymore.
>>
Get help, you were never meant to go it alone. Go to a hospital and tell them about your thoughts of suicide, they'll help you.
>>
>>17264671
help or 'help'?
>>
>>17264675
Help
>>
blah blah get help blah blah
With that out of the way, on to the more important matter: if you're going to kill yourself, just do it; don't make a prolonged show of it.
>>
Yeah get help.

If you've got a broken arm you get help, you don't wait and see what happens. The same applies to your mental health.
>>
>>17264686
but your arm isnt the seat of your existence
>>
>>17264724
Then it is even more important to address mental illness.
>>
>>17264742
Only if you want to try living through the anguish.
>>
>>17264754
How do you know what you want when your mind is ill?
>>
>>17264761
illness is normative description. Whatever you want is just whatever you want, illness doesnt come into it anywhere
>>
>>17264626

it doenst get better. thats just something we say to highschoolers because generally speaking you gain control of your life after highschool.

but a lot of asshats dont actually take control. they just recreate their highschool experience or a worse one.

consider not just waiting. consider actually changing what makes you sad and of course seeking therapy. drugs is the LAST resort. actually try to improve life first.
>>
>>17264681
I agree with this man. Many people make shows and don't deliver.

Fucking do it or fucking don't.
>>
>>17264761
I'm sure you thought that was clever and insightful while typing it... but next time, please read before hitting that Post button.
>>
>your mind is ill

I'm sick of this bullshit. Just because you want to die doesn't mean you are mentally ill.

OP what you want to know isn't whether you should get help or not. It's whether you want it or not. If you really wanted to kill yourself you would just do it with out letting anyone stop you. However, I'm guessing while you're experiencing enough pain and discomfort to consider it, you are also scared and have hope.

If you want to just talk about it I suggest the suicide hotline or a really really really close friend. If you want to just fuk ur shit up you could go to the hospital, but that is going to put you in inpatient stay which is very boring. You can't even leave until they let you.
>>
>>17264787
>Just because you want to die doesn't mean you are mentally ill.
Yes, yes it does. Just because you're not a raving lunatic doesn't mean you're well.
>>
>>17265028
define well
>>
>>17265028
Define mental health, please.
>>
If you wait and see what happens you'll more than likely kill yourself

I'm waiting to see what happens. Ive been having thoughts of suicide since I were 13 but i havent acted on it yet. I at least want to taste a woman before I do.
>>
>>17264775
I'd go with this. Pills and therapy work for some people. If that doesnt work street drugs and substance abuse helps get you though tough times instead of just killing yourself. There's no afterlife man, its just non existence like before you were born
>>
>>17267770

>No afterlife
Do you know that for a fact?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.