[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After a week of not talking to my ex, she sends a text asking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466096479559.jpg (24 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1466096479559.jpg
24 KB, 540x540
After a week of not talking to my ex, she sends a text asking if I would be bothered if she came to a party a friend of mine was planning.
When I tell her that no it doesn't bother me and that she can do whatever she wants, she says suddenly that she has plans.
I'm actually at a loss here, WTF does this even mean ?
(Pic not related)
>>
>>17264600

She was just testing you. If you had told her that it would bother you, she'd have turned up just to piss you off or would have thrown a fit that you can't control her anymore.
>>
>>17264606
That's the part I don't get, why would she even 'test' me when she was the one who did the dumping and supposedly doesn't give a shit about me and wanted 'time and space and blablabla usual breakup bullshit' ?
>>
>>17264614

Because she wants to see if you're still hung up on her. It's an ego boost for her if you are. You handled it well, so don't dwell on it.
>>
>>17264614

Probably because she still wants you to pay attention to her for selfish/narcissistic/ego-driven reasons? Seems pretty obvious to me. Just let her be crazy and continue moving on.
>>
>>17264614

If she dumped you, and you're so crushed that you can't stand to see her in public, she "won" and she feels good about herself.

If she dumped you, and you moved on with your life and got over it and don't give much thought to whether or not you'll see her at a party, she "lost" and she feels bad about herself.

She wants to feel like she has the power to scare you away from social events, like you won't show up because you're afraid of seeing her with another guy. You responded well, and it had the opposite effect. If she showed up, and saw you having a good time, chatting with other girls, it'd ruin her night.

This doesn't mean she still has feelings for you, it definitely doesn't mean you should get back together. It just means she's got ego issues. It's pretty common, I know men and women who have behaved this way
>>
>>17264670
>>17264677
>>17264697

Thank you guys for the quick responses she indeed had pretty much horrible ego issues when we were together like saying 'I don't deserve you' 'you're too handsome for me' (lol).
I still love her a bit, should I just continue and ignore her (feels the best option to me) until she initiates contact and not give a fuck and go on with my life (been doin' well so far)
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.