[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I know I have a bully in the workplace? I am putting in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
How do I know I have a bully in the workplace? I am putting in a complaint with a couple worker for them threatening to hit me.( I need the job) and I don't want to risk losing it.
But with something like this I don't want it having a backlash on me for being a person that snitches. But this behavior is getting out of control
Pic unrelated
>>
Self bump
>>
Threats of violence are never cool, but neither is antagonizing coworkers. Generally, threats don't materialize out of nothing (especially in the workplace). What did you do?
>>
>>17264585
>implying bullies react to the bullied
People who bully don't need to be given a reason.
>>
>>17264585
Honestly I never antagonize him. When it's just us he always starts with the insults and I confronted him last night about it he said it's because he feels he's picking up my slack. Mind you I've worked here for longer than him and haven't had issues. Now he comes along and all of a sudden he's telling me upper management is now complaining about me to him and he "covered for me so I wouldn't be fired." I haven't had complaints from upper management at all.i work really well with upper management. When he would insult me I would play it off thinking he was joking until I asked if he has issues with me. He constantly tells me no one likes me and everyone complains about me. This guy has a history of similar incidents. Plus threatening others.
>>
>>17264597
Why would upper management complain about you through him? Is he your lead or manager? If not, call him on his bullshit.
>>
>>17264597
Put the complain if you can get the others to back you up, this will bring him down.
>>
>>17264624
*Put the complain. If you can bla bla bla
Correcting to.make more sense.
>>
>>17264612
He is the same position as me. I work with my direct manager a lot for projects. My direct manager would always let me know if something is up too so it was confusing.
I did and I am filling a complaint and harassment against him.
>>17264624
I have a few managers to back me up. I had to go to a few because of other incidents with him.

I just am anxious from it
>>
>>17264632
Relax, it'll be fine.
It's good to be a little nervous so you can learn more from the experience.
>>
>>17264637
I know I have nothing to worry about it just want this delt with.
>>
>>17264685
It'll be dealt. Try to learn from it.
>>
>>17264565
You absolutley should report this straight away. Workplace bullying is a serious issue.

>I don't want it having a backlash on me for being a person that snitches.
Come on mate, you're not in the school playground any more. You probably won't have much to worry about anyway. Certainly in my job violence or threats of violence is one of the very few things that allow me to fire someone on the spot (technically I have to give them an immediate suspension then carry out an investigation before letting them go, but the end result is the same).
>>
Jesus christ. You seriously need advice on this?

Before you go to HR you need evidence and/or a witness. Otherwise it's your word against his.
When you know you're going to be with him one on one, have your cell phone record audio or video of the incident. Or you can tell a friend that works with you what's going on and have them hang back recording him "assaulting" you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.