[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I live in a big city with little to no friends and support?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1465795839784.jpg (201 KB, 780x547) Image search: [Google]
1465795839784.jpg
201 KB, 780x547
Should I live in a big city with little to no friends and support? Or move back to a small town with a lot of friends and family?
Big city has a lot of opportunities for me, but my life is in shambles right now due to ending a serious LTR.
Feeling really alone. Starting a temporary job in big city, living with roommates I don't know who don't speak English and are just generally fucking gross and annoying.
What do?
>>
Why not?
Try it.
>>
>>17264573
Try what? Looking to make a decision one way or the other.
I've lived in the big city for around two years now. Feeling really burned out and wondering if it's worth it to stay here right now.
>>
Big city with no support will test your fucking soul. If you are ambitious and don't let anything get in the way of your goals, you will prosper.

If not, you will just become one of the sad and lonely souls trawling the dark corners of the Internet until 3am every night wondering why you don't just put a bullet in your skull because no one loves you and it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
I say go home but not permanently. Get some rest, be around people you love, and try to remember why you wanted to leave in the first place.

Then get back on the horse.
>>
>>17264611
Move. The fuck. Out.
Unless you make a fortune and there is literally no job out there for you move away. Its not worth the stress.
>>
>>17264640
>try to remember why you wanted to leave in the first place.
Yeah, why did you move away?
>>17264662
Munich suburban here btw
>>
>>17264667
Moved down here with my ex because she was going for her master's degree at a good school. Also, was looking to get better job opportunities and be able to have the ability to go out and meet interesting people.
Quite the opposite happened and I've been alone for a month now.
I feel like a failure.
>>
>>17264559
Nothing is more important than friends and family. Leaving them to pursue the vanities of wealth and success is an error, if you have enough to live on already.
>>
Thanks for all the advice guys.
I'm going to move back home at the end of the month, already found a place and such.
Cheers.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.