[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Three questions, but about the same person. Would you go out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Three questions, but about the same person.

Would you go out with someone who was planning to move away, possibly as soon as 6 months from now?

Would you date someone who is at least externally less intelligent than you, or at least less ambitious career wise than you?

Would you take someone on a date when you're actually interested in someone else, but you can't be with that person?
>>
seperately:
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. maybe.

altogether:
maybe.
>>
>>17264402
>Would you go out with someone who was planning to move away, possibly as soon as 6 months from now?
Yes, if I liked them really a lot, and they weren't going to move too far away, and there was a chance to relocate closer eventually.
Otherwise, no.

>Would you date someone who is at least externally less intelligent than you, or at least less ambitious career wise than you?
What does it mean "externally less intelligent than me"?
I don't like dating people who I can't have an interesting conversation with and I perceive as more stupid than me. I don't mind dating people less ambitious than me.

>Would you take someone on a date when you're actually interested in someone else, but you can't be with that person?
No.
>>
1. Where to? Chances are no because I'd just end up getting hurt and there are thousands of girls who wouldn't leave me just after I'd fallen for them.

2. No. Why would I date a dumb girl? What's in it for me? There's an implication there that I wouldn't enjoy spending time with this girl or be able to really talk to her. Sounds crap to me.

3. Sure, I wouldn't lead them on if I didn't like them. But if I thought the date would be fun and they were dtf why not? Because of my lost love?
>>
>>17264485
>>17264497

1. She's planning on moving to Costa Rica. So, not close or easy to get to.

2. She's a hairstylist. I work in the corporate world and am constantly climbing the ladder. I'm likely getting promoted in a few weeks and will be making just a little north of $100k. It's not like she's a total idiot, but I do get concerned that eventually I'd resent that she doesn't want to do much else.

3. Part of why I'm considering taking her out is that I hope that dating other girls will help me get my mind off of the girl I really like. But I also did this in the past and ended up in a relationship that I had to end because I still was head over heels for another woman and I couldn't cut her out of my life. I was ready to cheat and that wasn't fair to my girlfriend, so I dumped her.
>>
>>17264402
>no- no point
>no- stupidity makes my penis sad
>no- waste of time/effort
>>
>>17264533
Don't go out with her unless she knows that nothing serious is going to result from this. Given that she's planning on leaving, she's probably very aware of this.

Generally speaking, I don't want to get entangled with someone (even if it's just for sex) if the possibility of a long term romantic relationship isn't an option. That includes me being hung up on someone else.

If I were you, I wouldn't go on a date with her.
>>
File: yes.jpg (512 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
512 KB, 1920x1200
>>17264402
Yes
Yes
Yes
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.