[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Aus"fag here, gonna leave the country soon. >Sign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1366630358837.jpg (41 KB, 227x227) Image search: [Google]
1366630358837.jpg
41 KB, 227x227
"Aus"fag here, gonna leave the country soon.
>Sign up for Optus phone contract like an idiot
>Don't pay them for months because couldn't find job, centrelink was being difficult
>I now owe them $1400 or so
>Service is canceled
>Warning email

I don't want them to sue me. I'm leaving the country for good in October. I paid them $100 a couple weeks ago but will they try to sue me if I don't do it anymore?

>OP is a dumbass
I know that.
>>
>>17263770
For good? As in never coming back? I have heard of people leaving the country with HECS debt and never coming back, but idk if you'll get chased up for an Optus fee.
>>
>>17263816
I mean, I just hope whatever collection agency Optus is with doesn't try to sue me before I leave.
>>
>>17263820
If they know you're leaving the country they can get get urgent judgement and you'll be prevented from clearing immigration.
>>
>>17263823
Nah they have no idea. I'm just gonna spontaneously disappear one day.
>>
Call them or write an email and explain your situation. People can be reasonable sometimes. You may still have to pay something but probably not even half of it. Suing you would be pointless since you did not have a paying job.
>>
>>17263833
It may be a little late because I agreed to pay $100 every couple of weeks but I kind of don't wanna do that anymore. Do I bullshit them and say that centrelink is going to cut my allowance off?
>>
>>17263834

Well, you can try. If they knew you will be gone soon, they will probably try to get what they can. Just tell them you have ###$ left you can pay before you are gone, they may accept the offer.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.