[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be acquiantance with someone >hang out couple of times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1403145820665.jpg (43 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1403145820665.jpg
43 KB, 450x337
>be acquiantance with someone
>hang out couple of times
>find out we have a lot of things in common
>become bros
>hang out everyday
>one day, feel the friend distancing himself
>mfw i annoyed the friend with my friendship
>no more friends
this has happened with couple of my ex-friends. Why does it keep happening? whats the root cause?
>>
I dont think the people have as much in common with you as you think.

are you an autist? I have lots of things in common with autists but my goodness i cant ever befriend the same people who share my same hobby in wh40k.
>>
>>17263268
Not the op, but why? Surely as long as you can talk about other things besides warhammer you could share friends who share the hobby.
>>
>>17263304
i absolutely cannot survive the amount of memes that they literally talk about in real life.

or all the anime references they do. or how they are lol so randum.

they are prisoners to the owner of the tabletop store. they come in weekly and spend +50 on toys from their mothers allowance at 30 years old.

they are literally the physical manifestation of social rejects. id rather not befriend them for more than a boardgame or two.
>>
>>17263268
im not an autist by any means. I was my schools president in hs, and currently i have a gf. i know these two dont really qualify me as not an autist but theyre traits that non-autists usually have.
>>
Have you considered that you might be clingy? I know I easily feel trapped and almost hunted by certain people who want to hang out all the time, who constant massage me if they see im on the computer or playing a game.
>>
>>17263380
yea i have. I think I am to be quite honest. The only problem I have is that I don't know when I corss "the line" of being friends and being clingy.
>>
>>17263421
You cross the line when somebody tells you to back off, directly or indirectly, and you refuse to do so. If you don't do that, then you're fine.
>>
>>17263263
This was literally me freshman year of college. One friend I had ended up yelling at me to get out of his dorm one night since I was over staying my welcome, I guess. I was so miserable, I mean I just wanted to be friendly. But there's such thing as too friendly.

My mistake was thinking I friends to validate my existence. I thought I needed to have friends so that other people wouldn't look down on me, when I reality trying too hard to do that will make you even more looked down upon.

Instead, spend more time with yourself. Better yourself. Exercise, develop hobbies. Actually joining some kind of hobby related club is a good idea because you guys are forced to be together lmao.

I also had to come to terms with the fact that some people, like me, have a harder time making friends because of our looks. I know a few people who are weird as fuck but get a pass (initially) because they're good looking. Just do your own thing, and other people will inevitably warm up to you.
>>
>>17263454
Thank you man I was really starting to think I was a case in millions. A follow up question that I have is when did you fully "individuated" and find yourself not caring about that aspect your life anymore because honestly man I think I am your freshman college personality. I am kind of looked down up in hs and I'm starting uni in September and really want to avoid something like that happening again. Any more advice and tips that you may have is fully appreciated
>>
>>17263484
Hey no problem man.

So high school wasn't too bad for me actually. I had a group of friends that I played cards with and stuff after school. But my high school was also fairly small, so it didn't take long for me to became aware of my "low social status". Nothing that horrible or anything, but I knew that people said things behind my back and stuff. In college I thought I could leave all that behind and make real friends for life or something, but I just tried too hard. I became miserable because I thought that I had messed up, that it was high school all over again.

But college is not high school. High school is the same faces, the same scenery every day. In college, you can meet someone one day and never see them again. Popularity doesn't matter because the majority of people don't care. Thinking that it does matter only adds unnecessary weight on your mind, and that's not what college is for. At orientation or move in you will see people meshing right away. Personally I felt left out, and thought I had to make friends right away or I would be screwed. My mistake was rushing to talk to people, and then trying to get along with them as quickly as possible. Slow down, there's so much time to do this.

Right now, before you go to college, is the best time to learn this. When you go to college, get yourself situated first. There's no rush to talk to every single person you meet. Join clubs, this is one of the best environments to meet other people and join friend groups. If it doesn't work out, just move on, easy as that. No need to waste time trying to mend relationships when there are so many more out thereto form. And always remember that overall, people don't care about what you do or who you hang out with, and that those people who do care don't matter at all. Just do your thing.
>>
>>17263557
Thank you so much for this man. I saved it and will read it over and over.
>>
>>17263454
>because they're good looking.
You could be good looking yourself easily too though. Your looks are depending a huge part of your own effort.
Nobody wakes up, slobing around, never caring about what they eat or wear or how smelly they are and end up being mister charming.
Just saying.....
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.