[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I find a hobby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-06-16-00-10-16--916415482.png (11 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-16-00-10-16--916415482.png
11 KB, 217x232
What is a good hobby this summer that I can invest time in ?????
>>
Badminton

Miniature golf
>>
Learn to dance salsa. Not only will you gain a valuable life long skill, but you'll meet a lot of girls.
>>
Fuck the above fags.

One, go to the gym. Build muscle. It feels good and it looks good. No reason not to.

Two, choose an art. Drawing, sculpting, painting, poetry. Anything.

Body and mind. That's the end goal.
Go the gym, come home and cook yourself a good meal, then do something artistic.

A man who does that is complete.
>>
>>17262999
Is the piano artistic
>>
>>17263002
Yes.
Learn the greats, then dare to compose yourself.
Always push your limits.
>>
>>17263002
Most definitely. Music is one best ways to express yourself
>>
>>17263008
What a fucking faggot lmao

t. piano player for 12 years
>>
>>17263035
Why is he a faggot ????
>>
>>17262984
I can't give you anything specific because I'm not sure what you're interested in, but here's some pointers:

Pick something that's either fulfilling, interesting to other people, useful, lucrative, or physical. The more of those 5 key qualities, the better of a hobby it will be for obvious reasons.

Pick something that you can work at in multiple ways - you can practice doing it, watch people do it, research it, talk to other people about it, etc.

Good suggestions would be working out or a specific sport - action sports are great. Get a cheap second hand mountain bike and do easy trails until you get better or more confident. Watching and reading about mountain biking is fun and will actually help you improve, plus you'll learn bike tech skills and stay in shape.

Alternatively, learn an instrument. Guitar or piano are nice and versatile, and if you learn more than heart and soul / wonderwall, people might actually enjoy your playing. The best way to learn is through lessons though, as well as playing with and talking to other people. You can find plenty of resources online but there are nuances that you can never pick up without real life interaction.

Hopefully this helps, I know it helps me
>>
>>17262999
>It feels good
Are you just talking about the feeling of having more muscle? Because I've tried hard to enjoy exercise itself, but it always leaves me feeling aggravated.
>>
>>17263187
not him but there are multiple reasons it feels good. some get a sort of high off of exercise itself, some enjoy the physical feeling of being stronger, and who doesn't love the confidence boost of being in shape?
>>
>>17263187
Both.
Good exercise feels good.
It's true. The brain releases endorphins when you exercise.
It hurts when you do it, but when you recover it feels pleasurable.

If you're a runner, you can feel it while you run. But that takes miles.
>>
>>17262999
Im in aggreance with this anon, but doesnt have to be gym/muscle building. Just do something physically exilerating, like running, biking, tennis,
if your heart isn't beating faster than 130 bpm, your not doing it right. afterwords do artsy stuff. I loved to go biking/running then eating lunch before doing some acrillic painting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.