[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my doctor prescribed me citalopram (10mg) not for depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: beer.jpg (946 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
beer.jpg
946 KB, 2560x1600
So my doctor prescribed me citalopram (10mg) not for depression but to help with my alcohol dependence, though I'm not sure if he believed me when I said I wasn't depressed since he mentioned multiple times when I asked about the drug that it would "make me more happy". I started reading about it before taking it and I'm starting to psych myself out on the side effects even though I'm assuming it's all the normal rare shit drugs have. Does anyone here have any experience with the stuff? I've always been wary of antidepressants since I've heard of them having lasting effect after you stop.
>>
>>17262730

if it sjust about the alcohol then why not just quit drinking alcohol?
>>
>>17262738
in the process. I went to the doctor a few days ago and told him about the medical issues I'm having from some things in the past and I also told him while trying to quit or cut down drinking I'm unable to sleep and I get kind of shaky. This stuff was his solution. tonight I'm just going to flat out not drink without taking the new stuff but i work 12 hour shifts selling cars so this not sleeping shit needs to stop.
>>
>>17262753

selling cars doesnt sound too exhausting. dont get me wrong you need your sleep, but lets not pretend its physically taxing.

i feel ya though. have you tried melatonin?
>>
>>17262770
closing and negotiating while half asleep or hung over hinder performance greatly. I was out in the sun all day and that's no big deal, just sucks because it's hot but it's texas so whatever. Also people are naturally distrusting of us so being slow to the draw when meeting someone can botch everything so it just helps to have better sleep. I've tried melatonin but even with small doses I find myself hardly able to wake up even if I get a good amount of sleep when taking it. Just cutting the alcohol would of course be in my best interest but since I've been drinking for so long you don't just skip the side effects of quitting.
>>
>>17262785

>hinder performance greatly.

im sure. but compare that to actual work. dont get me wrong, if i dont get at least 8 hours i go into the office feeling like the days already ruined and i should just conserve til tomorrow.

but realistically speaking you can push through it. still though, try to fix it of course.

consider weening off. also consider removing caffiene, as most people dont realize just how much that effects them. even a glass of coffee in the morning can be 'too much' for some people.

consider that you may have woken up thanks to coffee and gone to bed thanks to alcohol. cutting one out might mean cutting the other out.

but yeah if you are worried about side effects, try weening
>>
Dude just fuck that bullshit right off, you don't need it to quit alcohol. That stuff is pure garbage and gave me sexual dysfunction for the longest time, why he prescribed that for alcohol dependence I have no idea, it's for depression and a piss poor "medication" at that.

http://www.hamsnetwork.org/taper/ This site is down for me right now for some reason, but the method on here is what I used to quit drinking, and it was the easiest out of everything I tried since it was a taper that is calculated for your specific need.

A long with that, take a b-complex, take some magnesium and for a short period consume high sugar to stave off the cravings. Also eat a heavy meal at night, it's proven to also reduce cravings.
>>
>>17262806
>just push through it
i've been doing that for about 9 months now. I don't really get the whole thing about "actual work" but I definitely give it my all with 10-12 hours of cold calls, taking lot ups and prospecting every day 6 days a week, but you have a fair point about the coffee, I love the stuff but I can substitute green tea for less caffeine during the work week.
>>17262817
so you mean something like candy or sweets?
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
>there's now a pill for alcoholism
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.