[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way I can get back in touch with my friends after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1464667933417.jpg (151 KB, 718x540) Image search: [Google]
1464667933417.jpg
151 KB, 718x540
Is there a way I can get back in touch with my friends after about a year of being away from them without seeming like an asshole and/or desperate? I would see them mainly through school when I was in touch with them, and I never really hung out with them outside of it apart from a fee instances.

Now that this way of connecting has been lost, would it be right to gradually get in touch with them again and spend time with them through other means? Or should I accept that I am not a part of their life anymore, and if they never spent time with me outside of school initially, then they would have no desire to do that now?

I feel like a divorced father who cut all ties with his wife and kids who calls out of nowhere begging to spend time with him. Is the fact that I'm insecure about this a sign that I should move on?

Could I get some insight on this?
>>
sounds like you arent telling us something. you are nervous to do something that this generation is famous for.

if oyu want to talk just add them on facebook, say 'hey how ya been?' catch up a little bit then suggest you hang out. throw a party and invite them, or just meet up to catch up.

but the way you are talking and comparing this to a divorce with a father abandoning his children makes me think you were an asshole on the way out.

so maybe start by apologizing if you were.

tell us the story? in one paragraph or less please.
>>
>>17262750
I have depression and anxiety issues, and towards the end of last summer, I was having severe difficulties in dealing with it. By the time school began, I soon realized that I couldn't handle being in school in the midst of what was going on, and stopped going after the first few days without warning and never returned (leaving my contact with friends through social media as well). I have gotten treatment since then and have worked on some issues, but my mental health still fluctuates periodically.

Excuse my poor paraphrasing.
>>
>>17262848

that didnt seem poorly paraphrased at all.

ultimately it sound slike (unless of course you omitted) that you did anything mean. you simply crashed. i have my own issues with that, but assuming you are more or less 'stable' (fluctuating, but not prone to life changing bouts of depression) just add them on facebook and see what happens.

ultimately it doesnt matter what is normal, or polite or a social norm. if you log on and the yall told you to fuck off your life would still be the same as it was an hour ago, they'd forget you again in ten minutes, and that'd be it.

they wont though. worst case scenario you catch up with at least two people via chats.
>>
>>17262865
I do have them on Facebook, I just never went on it since I left.

Honestly, I am a bit afraid of asking. Not necessarily due to rejection, but even if they didn't reject, I'm short on ideas on what to do with them. I was trying to emphasize in the OP that I never really did anything outside of school with them. Even if I came up with ways to spend time, I don't know their situation anymore. They all seem busy with their lives while I'm a NEET who has all the time in the world I only occasionally spend on a few hobbies. This is why I'm afraid of appearing desperate; why should someone who lives a much fuller and active life spend their time with someone who doesn't take nearly as much use of their own time (a no life) outside of activities which are guaranteed (school).

I agree with your advice, and I think that's ultimately the course of action I should take, but I can't help but feeling hesitant due to these factors.
>>
>>17262920

>why would busy people want to be friends with someone who isnt busy

convenience? if you were equally busy you probs wouldnt be able to align schedules often.

considerj ust inviting them to a little get together and see where it goes. they probably dont want to integrate you into their lives. that doesnt mean they hate you or dont want to talk to you.

the only way to find out is to see what happens.

worse case scenario you catch up and learn a little about socializing.

you dont know what to do but you'll figure it out. not doing anything wont help you figure htat out mate.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.