[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend admitted that she Guilt trips me frequently. Today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 250x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 250x372
Girlfriend admitted that she Guilt trips me frequently.

Today, she told me that she thinks her love for me has "Settled". I became angry at this, and she claimed that she didn't mean it that way and that she was sorry and that she was upset for telling me that.

I've also noticed that I've become considerably more depressed, paranoid, and sensitive since the time she's started this.

What do I do? I'm beginning to trust her less, and I feel as if we're becoming more distant.
>>
>>17262684
Leave her before it gets worse. She's your girlfriend, not your wife. Just leave her and gtfo before it gets more toxic.
>>
>>17262694
I really love her, though. I know for a fact that she loves me as well. I just wish I could express how I feel without her trying to guilt trip me.
>>
>>17262700
>>17262694
Look, I just posted a ton the other day in the thread about borderline personality disorder, so that's all fresh in my mind, but:

She can love you very much and still make the relationship toxic. There are people who compulsively and consistently undermine the relationships they're in because they're paranoid, insecure, mistrustful, or ill, and they do this even to people whom they love.

Ok so I don't know shit about your GF or your relationship except what you've posted, just be aware that this is a thing. If you're becoming depressed and paranoid as a result of her guilt tripping you, that is a sign that this relationship may not be the best one for you.
>>
>Says her love has settled
>Feels you can trust her less
>Feels distant
>Wants to stay
She's going to hurt you a lot more in the long run. Save yourself some dignity and leave her yourself.
>>
>>17262732
>>17262727
Do you think there's any other way to solve this? I really love her, and I'm not sure if I'd be able to end things with her.

There has to be some other way.
>>
>>17262741
You can have a talk with her about this. Tell her how this bothers you and that if it doesn't stop, you simply have to leave because you're not going to deal with this. It's fair because she'll understands how it's causing problems for you, and she knows you're man enough to walk out instead of being a pushover. If she can't agree, you saved yourself some time and torture.
>>
>>17262741
There may be, I don't know. This sentence:
>I just wish I could express how I feel without her trying to guilt trip me.
This hits me right in the feels, because I've been there, and this is your #1 problem.
Open, honest communication is a necessity, not a luxury, in a romantic relationship. If she's unwilling or unable to allow you to express how you feel about her, then no, there's really no other route to take.
So sit her down and tell her this:
"Thank you so much for admitting that you guilt trip me sometimes. But it's not enough for you to just admit it; you have to stop doing it too. I can't even tell you how I feel without feeling guilty about it, and that's not tenable."
Then tell her the things and see how she reacts.
If she gets defensive, if she starts guilt tripping you again, if she starts talking about how she's a horrible person, if she says that maybe you two should break up, if she begins to argue, then she has clearly not taken what you've said to heart, and the red flag might just have become an insurmountable problem.
Hope this helps.
>>
>>17262776
One more thing.

I know for a fact that she'll become sad, and cry if I sit her down and talk to her about this. The problem is that I'm unable to tell when she's guilt tripping me or not. How do I tell the difference between sincere emotion and a guilt trip?
>>
>>17262788
Dude... you should not need an answer to that question. Do you really want to be in a relationship where you're constantly having to judge whether the emotion your partner shows you is genuine or manipulative?
>>
>>17262818
Srsly man jump ship therll be another you love as much and loves you as much.
>>
>>17262684
I'd dump her for such manipulative behavior, it would only get worse.
>>
>>17262684
The fact that she worded what she said like that shows that she doesnt love you anymore and is trying to get a reaction off you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.