[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people so seemingly averse to trying new things? Or have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: thefuck.png (189 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
thefuck.png
189 KB, 2048x2048
Why are people so seemingly averse to trying new things? Or have an apparently animosity towards artists, music, movies, games, etc. they've never heard of?

I don't get that. I love trying new things. As long as it's awesome, sign me the fuck up. It's an adventure either way. But I'm starting to notice that a lot of people feel the complete opposite (or at least that's the impression I keep getting). Women in particular seem guilty of this. One example happened just a few months ago. I was showing this girl some songs from one of my favourite artists. And she was really getting into it. Then her friend comes over and is getting into it too. But when the friend asked who it was, and I told her, her response was "Oh, I don't know who that is." And, no joke, she walks away in an instant. The fuck?
>>
Because they're lazy. Learning about new things requires mental effort. Familiar stuff is comfortable and doesn't require shit.
>>
>>17262560
Lack of confidence.

They are too insecure to go out try new stuff. Someone might think the wrong thing about them---that's insecurity.

Drop those losers and only consort with confident people.
>>
Those people sound fucking weird.

I get being too lazy to check out something new, which is something I'm guilty of - my friends can pester me for months and months "watch this show, you'll love it" and I don't get around to it for forever only for them to be completely right. But if I actually experience it for myself, eg I'm hanging out and a friend actually puts on an episode rather than just telling me about it, and I sit there and watch the whole thing and enjoy it, of fucking course I'm going to get on that shit.

Just... "I don't know who that is"? Did she not fucking realise that when she was listening to it?
Maybe she wasn't really that into it and was just idly popping over. Or it sounded like someone she knew, but turned out that wasn't the case.
>>
>>17262789
Ionno, she was just some random girl in my dance class. Likes to stare from across the room sometimes when she thinks you aren't looking. Cute, but likes to stare.
>>
>>17262560
It has to do with a psychological trait called openness.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.