[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been doing nothing but riding my bike. I dropped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: dgt.jpg (1 MB, 2319x1546) Image search: [Google]
dgt.jpg
1 MB, 2319x1546
I've been doing nothing but riding my bike.

I dropped out years ago from school and been neet since then.
I don't care about anything much anymore, my family is falling apart, I don't have much to look forward to... all I do is ride, take pictures and work on my bike.
I've been doing this or 3 years now.

What's worng with me? I don't even care about running out of money at some point.
>>
>>17261806
Maybe try selling the pictures or getting a job as a mechanic?
>>
There's nothing wrong with you, anon. The whole go to college, get a 9-5 job, get a partner, have a kid thing is overrated and most people who do it are miserable.

Do whatever you enjoy and find a way to make enough money to support yourself out of it.
>>
>>17261810
I'm not that good, and I'm not that good.
Also I'm pretty much unemployable given my situation.

I feel at peace when I'm away from everything and lost and I can just be, without toughts or feeling any connection to the world.
>>
>>17261820
>Do whatever you enjoy and find a way to make enough money to support yourself out of it.

I'm trying to do that, but it's really unlikely, the thing is I don't feel happy, or satisfied.
I'm just fine, like I'm just coping with the fact that I fucked up my life beyond repair.
>>
>>17261857
Well why do you think that you've fucked up your life beyond repair? What is it that you had or wanted to do and now are unable to?
>>
>>17261955
Find a job, get a degree, build a family maybe.
Im 25 now, been neet for 5 years
>>
>>17261822
Considered becoming a trucker?
>>
>>17264343
My cousin does it, I'm pretty sure I'd hate it.

The traveling part sure it'd be fine, but you literally have no life outside of your cabin.
>>
go become sailor

(captcha was about boats)
>>
>>17261806
Any advice for someone who is looking into getting into motorcycles? I've never ridden one and I don't own one and I don't know where to start. Also I'm in the same boat except I've already run out of money. Just live your life anon. There is no normal life just life. I've had multiple jobs and I've been in a serious relationship and almost married a girl with kids and almost did the family man thing. The jobs got me nowhere. The girl was a good experience and I don't regret it but it just didn't work out. We're both about the same age we got a lot of time. Keep riskng your bike and just kind of do your thing man. Don't become broke and go homeless though lol.
>>
>>17265017
>Also I'm in the same boat except I've already run out of money

How are you going to get a bike then?
License? do you drive a car? country?
>>
>>17261806
you should accept your family as retarded and just try to live your life happy and independent, worked for me.
>>
>>17265060
>independent

I wish, sadly it's part of my family that's dependant from me.
>>
Sounds like you're running away from your problems, OP. People have come back from far worse things than dropping out of school. Get your shit together.
>>
>>17265356
>Sounds like you're running away from your problems

Yeah,
I think that's why I enjoy riding so much, it's pretty much the manifestation of "running away".

>get your shit togheter
Guess why I'm here
>>
>>17265374
The only way /adv/ can help you is by helping you identify or acknowledge that you have a problem.
Congratulations: you've already passed that milestone, now YOU have to figure out how to fix the problem.
>>
>>17265394
>hey /adv/ I have a problem, can you give me advice?
>yes you have a problem, you're welcome
>>
>>17265401
What life-changing advice would you give to someone without knowing jack shit about their life? This wouldn't be a simple issue with a clear solution even if we knew all the specifics.
>>
>>17263188
Is there something that you would actually like to do that you maybe aren't doing. And no having a standard life because you think you should doesn't count. Something you want because YOU want it not society or your mum or whoever.
>>
>>17265428
Yeah, I'd like to work.
Having something to fill my day with and being productive.
But my options are kinda limited... non existant basically.

But on the long run? nothing really unless you can accept something like "finding love" and "being happy".

For now I'm getting ready for a big trip, when I come back I think I'll feel more up to the task to find a job, I'd like to start working out too if I can affor the gym.
And I'd like to make some social connections while I'm at it
>>
>>17265507
Why is it that you think you can't work or find a job? Hell you can end up just being a waiter or some shit and go from there. Point is there's plenty of essentially unskilled or very low skilled jobs that people do until they retire.
They might not be the dream job but i honestly think you need to simply try some stuff to see what can give you happiness and what you enjoy besides running/riding away.

Well it does count but its not exactly what i meant. I mean i basically already knew that because that's what essentially every human being wants in life.
I meant something more concrete. For me it was moving out from home (I'm only 21 but wise as fuck as you can tell...). For you it might be living in a new state/country or as you say getting a job.
Is getting a job so important to you because it ensures independence and therefore allows you to run away without the fear of having to go back? Maybe you should try to figure out what it is that you seem to be running away from.
>>
>>17261806
I know it's strange but I kinda envy you. At least you found something you have fun with and let you forget all the problems and douchebags you know.
Keep riding your bike if you're happy this way.
>>
>>17261822
>not that good
Bullshit. I have a friend who was in the Faculty of Arts. Dropped out (so far he said he's coming back, but who knows) and he's started a garage with his friends. He makes custom bikes for people. Makes good money.

What the fuck do you know? Just do what you love. Make a bike, flip it.
>>
>>17261806
well, by the looks of it you like having the freedom and not having much responsibilities.

I think the thing that is eating at you the most is you might regret not following the social norm.

This is an internal battle, it is very common. Hope you sort things out
>>
>>17261806
I always thought a motorcycle would be a good hobby because you could drive it off a cliff or head on to a semi and people would probably think it was just an unfortunate accident, given the nature of motorcycles.
>>
>>17266983
Yeah toughts like that do cross my mind every now and then.

>>17266507
Thanks

>>17266030
>What the fuck do you know?
I know i don't know enough to start a business.
Beside i haven't found somebody willing to risk giving a chance to a neet with no job experience yet.

>>17265935
It's weird, I can't say i'm happy since every other aspect of my life is not coming togheter,
But it does feels good most of the times and when it doesn't it helps keeping my mind away from things.

>>17265852
Yeah i got what you meant,
i do want to get away from my family, or part of it at least, but i'm in need of their support still and even if i wasn't i found myself in the position of having to take care of my father's debts, and as much as i want to just drop him he'd end up in the street if i left.

But at some point if things get economically better (he can take care of the rest of his debt and i find a stable job) i'm cutting contacts.

I'm basically running away from my father, and the rest of my family's problems that have little to do with me but are affecting me anyway.
Also running away from the fact that it's up to me to do something about the situation, i'm scared i wouldn't be able to face everything and fail again, like going back to school to finish my studies just to drop out again.

All in all i guess i don't feel up for the task.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.