[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice for presentation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: freevector-presentation.jpg (72 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
freevector-presentation.jpg
72 KB, 1024x773
I study web development and i have a presentation tomorrow but im really nervous and need some good advice to pull it off and graduate. This is already my second chance so if i mess this up i will fail and have to re-do a year. What i basically have to do is hold a presentation in front of 3 teachers about my internship, my project and what i will do in the future etc. The problem is, my project is lacking technically. I havent made use of advanced techniques because i'm not that good because i slacked off alot in the previous years. Anyways i've come so far, until this last day and i really want to make it. Does anyone have helpful advice for me to pass the presentation and graduate?
>>
>>17261553
>The problem is, my project is lacking technically. I havent made use of advanced techniques because i'm not that good because i slacked off alot in the previous years.
You're kind of fucked, to be honest. If you have a solid basis for your presentation and the material is all there, then professors aren't too fussed about how you actually present it - and they realise that people get nervous too. But since you don't have anything good to talk about (plus you still haven't prepared when the presentation is tomorrow) is not a good sign.

Have you sat down and thought about whether this is actually something you want to do? Because you don't seem to be taking this course seriously
>>
>>17261571

My procrastination has just gotten very bad, otherwise i know i can do it. And the material isn't that bad, only a point or two points are lacking and they overlooked them at my classmate's presentation because he presented well. I have really good memory and preparing the powerpoint wont require too much time. Luckily the presentation is at 4pm so i will get up in the morning to practice. I'm sure i can make it as long as i present well and show that i understand the content, i just need some tips that can help me present better and make me less nervous when it's my turn
>>
>>17261601
Your procrastination is something you need to deal with before you're ready for school then. When I say you should think about whether this is something you actually want to do, I mean more than the material itself - do you even want to be at school? Because it doesn't sound like you do if you've continuously put in minimal effort

If the material isn't 'that bad' then you should be fine.

Preparing the presentation will take longer than you think it will, I promise you.

As for tips to help you calm your nerves, be as prepared as possible. That means getting off 4chan and working on it. Also take a shot before you go in.
>>
>>17261635

I will do the best i can in the time i have left and about if i really want this. I'm in my last year so if i do well on this presentation and pass it, it means i will graduate and receive my diploma. So i will be done with it, but thanks for the tip!
>>
Talk about what it does for the enduser, how you implemented it, systems it interacts with, etc.

Surely it does something you can blather about for a few minutes?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.