[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My twin brother asks for money too much. He doesn't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1465679317985.jpg (21 KB, 642x459) Image search: [Google]
1465679317985.jpg
21 KB, 642x459
My twin brother asks for money too much.

He doesn't know how to handle money. We are 23 years old and he doesn't work but gets welfare the same amount I get when I study. He spends it all in a week, he smokes tobacco and cannabis. He eats pizza, drinks coca cola and that takes a lot of money too.

So when he is out of money he asks for it from me and our grandmother. This month I have spent over 100 euros on him. Not all of it is a loan, sometimes I give him like 5 euros for food. So what can I do in this situation? Stop giving any money and he will get so angry and he won't eat. Anyone ever have similar situation and how did it resolve?

Tl;dr brother keeps asking me for money
>>
Stop giving him money you idiot. He's not going to starve himself to death. You and your gma (bless her heart) are just enabling him and exacerbating the problem.

Help him get a resume together and find a goddamn job. Teach a man to fish for christ's sake
>>
>>17261502
He doesn't want to work.. I've talked about this with grandma but she doesn't have the heart to not give him money. She did the same thing with our alcoholic mother for 30 years. And then I feel bad for grandma that she wastes her money on him so then I chime in. We tried before that the limit we give him per week is 20 euros but somehow that has been forgotten too.. I know what we should do, guess I'm just looking for some nicer option that doesn't even exist
>>
File: 1464909236515.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1464909236515.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>17261478
Beat the shit out of that degenerate. Don't give him money, and tell your grandmother not give him anything as well.
Kick him out of if you live together.

He needs to experience homelessness, he will either come back and get his shit together or just keep doing the same
>>
>>17261520

Basically, there is no incentive for your brother to go out and get a job, i.e. make his own money, when he gets it for free by sitting on his ass and whining to you and your grandma.

If you stop giving him money, and stop succumbing to his whining and begging, he will have no choice but to go out and make money on his own. That's called tough love. Having a job isn't some kind of awful punishment you're inflicting on him. It's what billions of people all over the world do every fucking day
>>
>>17261539
He has said that if he ends up homeless he will kill himself. There are so many problems with him.. I guess we will once again try the "20 euros per week and then slowly cutting it down to less" approach. This time with proper plan. It always fails because if he has used all of the money he call mother crying and mother calls grandma and grandma gives money and hide it from me that they did it.

I could just stop giving money myself but it would still go on because of grandma but my uncle handles her money and he sometimes get angry when my brother asks for too much so there is that..
Our mother is an alcoholic so it's just good if she gives some money to him cause that's just out of her drinking money. Man, does it sound too selfish to stop helping and let grandma deal with it? She won't stop..
>>
>>17261555
In our country you get welfare. So he gets rent paid and about 500 euros for food and stuff. So that's why he won't work because he doesn't have to.
>>
>>17261478
Keep giving him money.

He's your fucking twin FFS!

I wish I had a twin...fucker.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.