[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright everyone I'm back from my quest out of NEETdom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1465696326011.jpg (115 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465696326011.jpg
115 KB, 960x540
Alright everyone I'm back from my quest out of NEETdom. So far I'm actually being quite productive.

I have gotten myself into a routine. Starts around 4:30am-5:00am when I wake up. I've been doing this regularly so I can prepare myself for a slew of interviews and a small workout.

Ever since following that was self-improvement NEET thread I feel I have somewhat succeeded a bit it's just that I can't seem to get a job at all. It's discouraging the fuck out of me but I want to keep going.

Anyways tl;dr how does anon get job now?
>>
Bump?
>>
Apply for any jobs that you can do

Make it your job to find a job
>>
>>17261551
Also it takes a while to get a reply. Give it a month.
>>
>>17261551
I'm working on it anon I've pretty much been going to interviews and waiting since early in May. The whole thing is just putting me down a bit further. I feel like I've failed again and I've never even had the opportunity to try yet.
>>
>>17261382
Job search is a numbers game if your not recruited by headhunters. What i learned is that sometimes it can help getting in contact with companys that have not posted any openings by calling them and plainly asking them "who can i contact at your company about job openings in X" then just get the doxxs and drop them a letter with your normal stuff.

dont forget being unemployed means your 8-5 is getting employed

also try to pick up stuff that helps with daily life that will be hard to do when you have a job like getting good at cooking and personal finances
(lots of online information and it saves you money/makes your daily life better)
>>
>>17261757
Thanks. Do you have any other tips on self-improvement because I've got a lot of downtime(NEETfag) and I primarily use that for studying.
>>
>>17261771
a simple list of things that are easy and can add value to your life are:

>basics of cooking
this means the relationship of and tech of stuff(styles to cut stuff, how spices add flavor and are used(some just for smell)
get a wok, rice and you some frozen vegis and you can make 1000 different dishes + its super cheap

>pick up some basic web development skills
all the tutorials and software needed is free and just a click away
you dont have to master it but knowing how a website is made can be interesting and a skill you can apply for yourself if you are into it

>learn some health fact/ get fit
your body is always there but how much do you know about it
you can read up how you can better feed yourself and get some cardio into your system(which helps with learning and reduces stress)

these are just some pointers which are easy to google but have lots of depth and every step you take has a direct positiv influence on your life even if it is small incrementaly they will in the long run add up

hope that helps
>>
>>17261573
I applied to jobs close to everyday from around Christmas last year to this April before I got the job I have now. Stay strong Anon.
>>
>>17261382
Honestly, it is not hard to get a job providing your resume doesn't look stupid. Print out your resume, drop it off to a few token places that are always hiring as well as random small businesses. When you see advertisements or listings on websites and in the paper, send your resume in even if you are not qualified for the job listing. Sometimes you will get lucky OR people will just happen to need an errand boy.
>>
>>17261382
Also make it a goal to send your resume out(even by email) to at least x people a week. I know when I was job hunting I sent my resume to five different places a day. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17262244
>>17262237
>>17262222
I'm thinking it's the no prior work history that's affecting my chances. That or the fact that I'm a certain race with no references/has no work history.

All I have is volunteering on my resume.
>>
I'm also studying webdev too freecodecamp + YouTube tutorials.
>>
>>17262251
Apply at movie theaters. They give zero shits about work experience. They want people with open schedules. Having an open schedule is the most important thing when it comes to first time jobs.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.