[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/ tells me that to have a visible 6-pack all I need to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1465616272850.jpg (26 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1465616272850.jpg
26 KB, 500x400
So /fit/ tells me that to have a visible 6-pack all I need to do is lose weight. How true is this?
>>
I haven't really noticed a lot of skinny dudes with six-packs.
>>
Very true. You can do a thousand situps a day, but the abs would still be hidden beneath your belly fat.
>>
File: 1414671935931.jpg (112 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1414671935931.jpg
112 KB, 1280x960
>>17261335
>he fell for the 6-pack meme

Here's a thought

WHY do you need a 6-pack?
>>
>>17261335
a man's 6 pack is his belly
>>
>>17261335

>all i need

no. you do need those muscles. we all have some semblance of abs underneath, but they are like any other muscle, they need to be worked out to get bigger.

that being said, once they exist you do need to lsoe weight.

fat does not turn to muscle. doing crunches does not target stomach fat to burn off.

what oyu do is workout til you have hte muscle you need, then lose weight (whiel still doing your ab workout to stop them from being eaten before hte fat) so that hte fat melts away and all that remains is the muscle.

stomach fat is the last to go, so its tough.

but if you have some semblance of muscle you can make the abs show by losing stomach fat.

me i dont have any semblance of core at all, theres no muscle there, so i gotta get big first.
>>
>>17261335
100% true. What else could be there of you have no fat?
>>
>>17261364
The actual abdominal muscles protruding due to their size?
>>
6 packs are for little boys. Real men have kegs.
>>
>>17261376
kek.

But really. Why do you want a 6-pack? If it's to appeal to women, don't bother. They're not all into that shit like the magazines and TV shows would have us think.

Try to get yourself around the 16-18% BF range and just sculpt your good self. You don't need a xylophone on your core.
>>
>>17261390
partly to be appeal to the ladies, and partly because I want to stay /fit/. I think I'm lacking in my abs which is why I asked.
>>
>>17261390
Personally I like abs and seeing muscle definition. It's really nice when you lose weight and see a new vein when you flex or your chest being more defined than a month ago. From a more practical stance, I rock climb and not having to lug around a bunch of excess weight is nice
>>
File: 1441243354491.jpg (20 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
1441243354491.jpg
20 KB, 605x328
>>17261414
>lifts for girls
>>
>>17261368

thy wont protrude through fat. fat is on top of the muscle. just makes you look fatter.

yes you gotta workout enough for the abs to exist, but cutting fat makes em visible
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.