[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is reading books a good hobby to get into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 65678.jpg (30 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
65678.jpg
30 KB, 400x267
Is reading books a good hobby to get into?
>>
>>17261088
It is if you like solitary hobbies that won't lend themselves to discussion
>>
>>17261088
Depends on the books. I recently started reading books, and tend to lean towards the philosophy section. I'm reading Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and Malcolm Gladwell "Outliers" at the moment.

I think it's a good hobby, as it can help you become more well-spoken if you read books that contain the right content, as well as more educated.
>>
>>17261097
I do it very scarcely though (30 mins-1 hour a day) as >>17261092
is right.
>>
>>17261088
It's ok if it has a purpose. If it doesn't, only in small doses. If you don't have any hobby right now, select something productive that will challenge you and whose fruits you'll be able to share with others.

A few suggestions would be public speaking (look up toastmasters), specially if you focus on stand up comedy, learning the basics of guitar playing and singing (you don't have to be great to entertain most people) and a team sport.

Consuming shit alone (movies, video game, reading) as a hobby is ok if your social life is already good.
>>
>>17261088
do whatever the fuck makes you happy
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.