[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A guy at my internship is a massive bully/homophobe (I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: mfwms.png (11 KB, 364x138) Image search: [Google]
mfwms.png
11 KB, 364x138
A guy at my internship is a massive bully/homophobe (I'm gay) and I can't decide if I should report him or if I am just overreacting to "banter".

Common tactics of his are to ask people that he knows are gay for tips on how to have sex with women and then keep pressing them if they refuse to answer to make them feel awkward/distressed. He likes to catcall people as they walk by, sometimes physically touches people to make them uncomfortable or call someone over just to tell them a lewd non-sequiter eg "I'm horny", presumably to make them uncomfortable. He has personally sexually harrassed me by restraining me + grinding up against me until I stabbed him with a pencil and left a few months ago, asking me what position i would use to have sex with a girl and asking me to act out the movement, as well as more pedestrian immaturity like calling things "gay" and people "faggots" in normal conversations.

After I interact with him I feel anxious and a little sick for like a whole day.

Do you think I should tell HR or nah?
>>
>>17260831
I'd report. Never admit that you reported. To anyone but HR that you reported though, just by the jist of what you say, it sounds like this douche is gonna throw a tantrum over it.

Don't be afraid of that though, this is clearly sexual harrassment and most companies have a zero tolerance policy over it because they don't wanna get sued over something like this.

Definitely report though.
>>
Thats a laundry list of shit you shouldn't do in a corporate environment, although because you said you stabbed him and there were no consequences I am going to assume.you don't work at a place w an actual HR department

if you do, this is a no fucking brainer. collect evidence before you report
>>
>>17260837
Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.
>>
His behavior == bigotry
that being said just because you're a minority doesn't mean the solution to all your problems is using your minority card
stand your ground and confront the idiot about him being a bully
>hello [fuckwit's name]
>don't be fuckwit
>else HR will know
>stop pleb immaturity
if fuckwit pursues bigotry
then report bigotry
else you improved you situation without whining

realize these fuckwits need education not HR sanctions
>>
"Hey man, could you not do X? It makes me uncomfortable, thanks"
>>
>>17260842

I dont mean stabbed as in seriously injured. "Jabbed" would be a better adjective.

>>17260848

You think I haven't told him to stop?

>>17260844
I've told him multiple times to leave me alone. He'll say something about "banter" or "drama queen", leave me alone for a few days and then start again.

>>17260837

Even if HR doesnt tell him who reported him, he can probably still guess I did it. Its not a large workplace.
>>
>>17260862
>Even if HR doesnt tell him who reported him, he can probably still guess I did it. Its not a large workplace.

But he does this to many people, right? Even if he assumes, just ignore it. I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing you are. Someone needs to stand up and report it. Or it will continue.
>>
>>17260862
if pursue bigotry
then threaten HR
else return null
if
threaten HR==1
pursue bigotry==1
then report
else verify conditions are ==1
>>
>>17260862
Just report him. HR deals with him, or they don't and you sue. Either way you go back to not being harassed, which is ideal.
>>
>>17260862
if you told him to stop then go to hr jesus
>>
>>17260831

He is a bully and is sexually harassing you, I would report.

Probably also a closet case.
>>
Record him talking shit, then take it to hr. Get reports from other people too, it sounds like he's been harassing others. More complainers means more action will be taken, especially if that guy is just an average employee

Also he sounds like he's closeted.
>>
>>17260831
The world has changed and the law and common opinion are on your side.

First tell him politely "That kind of talk is inappropriate for the workplace, and I am asking you stop it." (That deliberately sounds very beta - it established clearly that you feel victimized by him, and that will be important later.)

Then make a note of every homophobic comment, with date, time and quote.

When you have a week's worth, bring it to HR and demand that your human rights not to be the object of hatred are being violated.

The onus is now on the company, because if they do not stop him, they are implicitly supporting him, and you could sue them for literally millions.(You won't of course, but they know you could, and will take this very seriously)
>>
>>17260862
>jabbed
That's a verb
>>
Have you tried to stop being such a prissy faggot?
>>
>>17260844
>don't use your minority card (ie follow basic, blanket protocol regarding behaviour that is textbook sexual harassment even without the gay angle)
>just THREATEN to use your minority card (giving him time to prepare a defence) and then inevitably use it anyway when nothing changes
>>
>>17260831

>He has personally sexually harrassed me by restraining me + grinding up against me
>He likes to catcall people as they walk by, sometimes physically touches people to make them uncomfortable or call someone over just to tell them a lewd non-sequiter eg "I'm horny", presumably to make them uncomfortable

This is straight-up sexual harassment. If he was pulling shit like this with female employees, he'd be fired without question. I don't see why it should be treated any differently in your case. You've clearly told this guy to stop, that his behavior makes him uncomfortable, he's had PLENTY of chances to correct himself. Report him. He deserves to be fired.
>>
>>17261791
Agree. That fucker needs to be fired.
>>
What you described wasn't harrassment, it was assault.

If HR doesn't take action, the police will.
>>
>>17260831
>Do you think I should tell HR or nah?
Absolutley you should. That's sexual harrasment, plain and simple.

>>17260862
>Even if HR doesnt tell him who reported him, he can probably still guess I did it.
I wouldn't worry about that too much. If one of my guys came to me with a problem like you're having (I don't think any of my blokes are gay, at least not openly, but it's not really my business who they want to stick their dicks in anyway) I'd be looking to suspend the harraser right there and then, pending an investigation. If the claims prove to be true I'd be on the phone to corporate just to make sure they're happy for me to let him go with no notice or pay in leiu, and he'd bee off the books in less than a week. I'd do that partly because the guy was being an asshole, but mainly to avoid a lawsuit from the guy being harrassed over how he wasn't offered the same protection a female would have had in the same situation.
>>
File: 1462013710653.jpg (48 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
1462013710653.jpg
48 KB, 600x598
>>17260831
You either report him or beat the shit out of him. Either way I think he needs a beating for bullying.

Just in the back of my head, maybe he may show to be a homophobe on the outside but may be a raging fag inside.
>>
File: 1463697279563.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1463697279563.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
>>17261907
>Just in the back of my head, maybe he may show to be a homophobe on the outside but may be a raging fag inside.
That's what I thought as well. When I was a teen I was a raging dumb ass homophobe, even though I was never a bully. Today I prefer fucking shemales over females any day of the week.

He probably wants your D, OP. Doesn't excuse his behavior at all, just sayin. Next time he harasses you, start flirting back and tell him how you'd love to fuck his virgin ass. That'll probably shut him up for good.

Or you could just report his sorry ass to HR and he'll be gone within a week.
>>
>>17261907

>Just in the back of my head, maybe he may show to be a homophobe on the outside but may be a raging fag inside.

Yeah.

>He has personally sexually harrassed me by restraining me + grinding up against me
>He likes to catcall people as they walk by, sometimes physically touches people to make them uncomfortable or call someone over just to tell them a lewd non-sequiter eg "I'm horny", presumably to make them uncomfortable

Not ALL homophobes are gay, but this guy is a raging self-hating closet case who doesn't know how to ask nicely. Same type of asshole that shot up that nightclub
>>
>>17260831
Kill yourself faggot.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.