[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
careers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: hold on i have a meme for this.jpg (70 KB, 941x590) Image search: [Google]
hold on i have a meme for this.jpg
70 KB, 941x590
So all my life I haven't been able to figure out what to do for a career... Every time I sit and think about it nothing comes to mind.... Does anyone have any advice on how to figure it out? I'm tired of being broke at minimum wage jobs.
>>
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/199934/want-job-high-frequency-trading-pay-career-prospects-15-key-firms/
>>
>>17260578
>what am I interested in
>what do I want to major in
>what fields can I go into with my major/interests
>what careers are in that field
>what are the employment figures like for the careers I'm interested in
And so on and so on. Just Google and research. You can take a careers test too.
>>
Are there any "crazy" dreams you have? Or do you just want some career where you are guaranteed to have a job and decent money?
>>
>>17260601
Yeah, I've always wanted to be a stand up comic... I've been doing open mics for about 2 months with pretty decent success... but like with any position in the entertainment industry, getting 'discovered' often boils down to luck... So I'm trying to be sensible and have a more realistic job path.
>>
>>17260616
Fuck off Adrian. You're a shit standup comic. people on the internet who don't even know you laugh at you and your pathetic videos.
>>
>>17260622
People laughing at my videos of stand up would be ideal, one would think
>>
>>17260672
See? You can't even recognise a joke when it slaps you in the face. I'm insulting you and I'm still funnier than you.

(Apologies if your name isn't Adrian but I bet it is because that scumfuck browses here all the time.)
>>
>>17260692
Nope, not Adrian.
And I know you were insulting me, I just don't care about your opinion.
>>
http://www.bls.gov/
browse, pick a job you feel you'd like to do
do in depth research about chosen job
if still like to that job get education/qualification to it
tip:salary doesn't matter, job growth and whether it corresponds to your skills does
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.