[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it normal to feel like you've achieved nothing with your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: snapshot.png (226 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.png
226 KB, 480x360
Is it normal to feel like you've achieved nothing with your life, even though you have? I got a nice degree with a great GPA. I got accepted into med and law schools (but put off attending them because I don't know what I'm doing with my life). I've toured in a hardcore band, recorded and released albums. I've had my writing work published in local magazines and websites with great traffic. I've got trophies from when I was a state level athlete as a teenager. I've appeared on TV and done some acting work. I've slept with around 15 women so it's not even the lack of a sex life that the virgins on here always bitch about. And to top it off, I'm only 21.

When I list these achievements, they seem lofty and meaningful, like they ARE something to be proud of. But I'm not proud of them. They either feel like they happened to someone else, or feel much smaller than you'd expect them to be. How do I find and do something I'm actually proud of?
>>
Who knows. Maybe this is just post-college depression. Ach.
>>
Bumping for big daddy
>>
Maybe it's a mindset thing.
What's your outlook on the past, present and future?
&Did u do all that shit for you or yer parents
>>
>>17260614
I guess I did it because it was there and something to do, for the most part. I never put much effort into most of it. I don't know. Maybe I'm at the stage now where I've grown up and I want to put effort into something and have a career.

My outlook? I don't remember much of the past, especially my childhood. Emotionally abusive parents, but I spent most of my time alone.

Present? I've got a shitty part time job at a bar because my life stalled and I haven't been able to pull myself out of the nosedive. I guess I had a bit of an emotional break and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces.

Future? God knows. Maybe if I knew where I was going. But every time I think I've decided I change my mind or something comes up. I can't even stick to a job application now. Everyone keeps telling me how much I've achieved but I don't feel fulfilled or happy with the present, and I feel like I have nothing to work towards now.
>>
Have you considered that it's not an achievement that you need to aim for?

As long as you keep your current mindset, no achievement will fulfill you. Any achievement that comes close, you will either diminish, or explain away. We have an infinite ability to put ourselves down if we try, but you should instead learn and practise gratitude on a daily basis. This will help you see each day as a day well spent, instead of living in the past and diminishing your past achievements.

You can do this! I can too, speaking of which...
>>
I make $100k at 25 in a country where the average for my age is $30k but I feel like garbage compared to people who have billions. Like a literal insect.
>>
>>17260669
OP here. I'd kill to make as much as you hahaha.

Then again, I'm sure when I did I'd hate it too. But I'd rather cry in a ferrari etc.
>>
Just suck a couple dicc
>>
File: horrifying reality.gif (26 KB, 219x290) Image search: [Google]
horrifying reality.gif
26 KB, 219x290
Ultimately, nothing matters. People who were Big Stars, Powerful Politicians, and Very Important People are just answers for games of Trivial Pursuit.

Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the moment. That's the best we can do.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.